New appreciation for PRS SE Line

Mazakou

I did a bit of research on veneers, well because I own a SE custom 24, which I absolutely adore. Just reading about what actual wood is sent to produce veneer lets me know that the veneer came from a high quality log/wood. Veneering expands the amount of usable wood and there is an increased possibility of getting a rare grain pattern. There are advantages such as using veneer for stability (for the wood itself) and sustainability (timber wise in nature). Now, I still no intend on purchasing a CE24, I just wanted to praise the workmanship and quality of my SE.

I did a bit of research on veneers, well because I own a SE custom 24, which I absolutely adore. Just reading about what actual wood is sent to produce veneer lets me know that the veneer came from a high quality log/wood. Veneering expands the amount of usable wood and there is an increased possibility of getting a rare grain pattern. There are advantages such as using veneer for stability (for the wood itself) and sustainability (timber wise in nature). Now, I still no intend on purchasing a CE24, I just wanted to praise the workmanship and quality of my SE.
I agree that the SE guitars are really amazing for the money! I love my Zach Myers. Definitely impressive guitars.

There are advantages such as using veneer for stability (for the wood itself) and sustainability (timber wise in nature).

Seconded. It's good to see companies embracing practices like this in the interests of wood management. I literally just received my SE CU24 Laurel Burl Limited and it's a killer guitar.

I got the SE and I'm super impressed, I understand the appeal of the higher end USA models but the SE is just all you need in a guitar at its bare bones. Its amazing playability and sound for the price make it a workhorse
I’m really happy with mine as well. So much so, that I ordered the 35 anniversary se and I’m looking at more of them. I’m not a pro so I don’t really need that level of instrument. Even though I think I want that level of instrument but that is only when I’m thinking about it. When I’m playing, it doesn’t matter, I love the neck.

I’m considering just sticking with the SE line; a single cut, a hollowbody, and an acoustic. I know I keep saying I intend on buying a CE but I enjoy this SE custom so much I think I’d rather spend the money on some other things.

Alright folks, I pulled the trigger in the 35 anni se, and I have to say I’m impressed with the build quality. The neck is immaculate, the “carve” looks like a proper carve, the Kong’s have the same resistance as ce or s2, my finish was flawless. Only real issues is I don’t get my dang hang tag and my bridge wasn’t set up correctly. It’s at my local tech so I can’t post a photo yet. Was doing more research and I read about how many folk take a dig on the molded Trem. Hopefully it is realized that it is molded instead of machined because of volume of production and not because it is wanted to be inferior. I read somewhere that Mr. Smith should take the SE of because all of us SE players know these are real deal PRS guitars. Looking at that carve on the 35 se, i wouldn’t be surprised if it didn’t move up to the S2 line. By the way, any suggestion of making the shoulders in the necks a bit more round?

Alright folks, I pulled the trigger in the 35 anni se, and I have to say I’m impressed with the build quality. The neck is immaculate, the “carve” looks like a proper carve, the Kong’s have the same resistance as ce or s2, my finish was flawless. Only real issues is I don’t get my dang hang tag and my bridge wasn’t set up correctly. It’s at my local tech so I can’t post a photo yet. Was doing more research and I read about how many folk take a dig on the molded Trem. Hopefully it is realized that it is molded instead of machined because of volume of production and not because it is wanted to be inferior. I read somewhere that Mr. Smith should take the SE of because all of us SE players know these are real deal PRS guitars. Looking at that carve on the 35 se, i wouldn’t be surprised if it didn’t move up to the S2 line. By the way, any suggestion of making the shoulders in the necks a bit more round?

Congratulations, looking forward to your pics!

Congrats!

Just played an S2 custom 24 and while it’s certainly an excellent instrument, does not feel that different from either of my SEs. The fretboard wasn’t particularly rolled and the neck shape felt negligible to my hands compared to wide thin. The finish was brilliant. It sounded exactly how you think a PRS should sound. So apparently the SE line is really well made, heaping more praise on the SE line. Oh, I also finally played an SE acoustic. That felt a lot better than I expected so much so that, I’ll get one at some point in the near future.

Have to agree with this, was lucky enough to try a Se custom 24 and a S2 custom 24 at the same time a few days ago. Sat there going from one to the other, was so impressed with what a great guitar the se was for the money. Would have gone for the se model if there was an anniversary in whale blue ;)

Congrats on that wonderful guitar. I got the same recently and I cannot put it down. It's my first PRS.

Have to agree with this, was lucky enough to try a Se custom 24 and a S2 custom 24 at the same time a few days ago. Sat there going from one to the other, was so impressed with what a great guitar the se was for the money. Would have gone for the se model if there was an anniversary in whale blue ;)
so you took the S2 home?

Congrats on that wonderful guitar. I got the same recently and I cannot put it down. It's my first PRS.
I’ve been quite enamored with PRS guitars, for the second time, since I started playing again. I’m staring to think these are the only brand of guitars I’ll buy.

I think I've caught the same bug. I haven't tried any PRS acoustic guitar yet. I think I may want one of those next.
Here is a disclaimer, I played the AX20 I think, and when I picked it up I almost tossed it through the store roof. The neck was “tres comfortable” and to me ears sounded full and woody. I think it was the least expensive model but it straight up impressed me.

unfortunately not. In my wisdom I decided to order a 35th anniversary S2, so on the long wait for that.
Well, you have the Paul’s guitar switching and for what it’s worth (matters a lot to some) an Maryland made PRS. I probably would have done the same if they were available in my area. I lucked out and for as 35th Annie SE.

Back