New amp

GuitarAddict

Having been surprised at how good the Blackstar old HT dual and metal pedals sounded after I brought them out of storage I simply had to go for the HT1 amp as GuitarGuitar has them virtually half price. I love amps with simple controls and these have volume gain and tone. Can’t get much more simple.
My normal tone is somewhere between Clapton and SRV, lately with a bit of bite from Timmons thrown in and I was very pleased to hear that the HT1 achieves this very easily. Could do with just a touch more dynamic control, pun intended, but if anyone is looking for a low wattage head in the Jubilee colours then GG has them.

That must be nice, I’m the only musician in my family. I’d love to be able to talk tones and amps and all things guitar with my in laws. My MIL is awesome though. I call her AMIL. She is always asking for tunes on piano or acoustic guitar when they are over.
I have a couple of 0.5 w hand wired amps and their tone is fantastic, better than my 5watt Gremlin but the little Blackstar runs them very close indeed, I was very surprised. I thought it was going to end up in the house but it’s staying in the studio.

My Dad was a professional musician and it’s thanks to him I have music in me. I was playing in his various bands (dance big band, military brass band and 5 piece) from my early teens but unfortunately I didn’t realise what it was all about back then and girls and motorcycles got in the way of a lot of what should have been. Luckily I got a second chance later in life and my dad just saw me go pro before he passed away.

Ah a real bike! Devoid of all the cumbersome electronics of todays models.
I think I would have been on a Kawasaki GPz 550 black and orange or a GPX750 red and white around that time.
My last bike a BMW1200 GS Rallye had a tft screen and more modes than I could work out and I still couldn’t get it so I had soft suspension and no anti-wheelie control. Chinese wheels with self loosening spokes were a bit of a pain as well.

Back in 2016 when i was still able to ride but not take a passenger my wife passed her tests and we got her a Triumph 900. We did several great trips together including one abroad via the channel tunnel train.
Last year the doc told me that my mri showed if I had an off (which I’ve never done apart from once on a track day and that was due to mechanical defect) there was a high likelihood that my legs wouldn’t work anymore and riding was becoming ever more painful so we sold all 3 bikes and I threw all my energy into my music which sadly is now just a very serious hobby.

Thanks. I love music so much. I very rarely have a day go by that I don’t play something either guitar, bass or piano.
My almost 2 year old son is already playing single notes on piano and then singing the note at the correct pitch and he isn’t even talking yet ha ha.

Back