New amp

Guitar God

Found this on my local Craigslist the other day and picked it up today. It's a Peavey Heritage VTX 130 combo. Listed as an '82 model. Sounds good. Loud, too. Cool sounding amp. Also has a built in phaser effect, too. The guy bought it brand new and only gigged it twice and tucked it away all these years. Still has the original tubes, manual that's still sealed in the bag, and price sticker on it. It is a hybrid amp. Got it for $180.
lYfhZiT.jpg

My second amp was a Peavey Classic VTX. At the time I was pretty happy with it. That amp got me through high school and college. After college I bought a Deluxe Reverb that became my main amp and into the attic the Classic went. Many years ago I pulled it out of the attic and plugged it in. It did not sound good or even actually come close to resembling something that wasn't horrible. It's possible there was some tube or other issues since it had been in storage for so long. But, I ebayed it (actually my "at the time" wife did) and never looked back.

Found this on my local Craigslist the other day and picked it up today. It's a Peavey Heritage VTX 130 combo. Listed as an '82 model. Sounds good. Loud, too. Cool sounding amp. Also has a built in phaser effect, too. The guy bought it brand new and only gigged it twice and tucked it away all these years. Still has the original tubes, manual that's still sealed in the bag, and price sticker on it. It is a hybrid amp. Got it for $180.
lYfhZiT.jpg
That was my first amp back in the early 80's

My second amp was a Peavey Classic VTX. At the time I was pretty happy with it. That amp got me through high school and college. After college I bought a Deluxe Reverb that became my main amp and into the attic the Classic went. Many years ago I pulled it out of the attic and plugged it in. It did not sound good or even actually come close to resembling something that wasn't horrible. It's possible there was some tube or other issues since it had been in storage for so long. But, I ebayed it (actually my "at the time" wife did) and never looked back.
I'm really liking the one I got, though.

Keep in mind, when I was a kid there was no YouTube or threads like this where people discussed gear. For the time I thought it was great, It’s pretty much all they had at the local mom and pop music store. I must say I did use it for my very first gigs for several years. My first legitimate amplifier was a Marshall modded by Bruce Egnater. I’m from Detroit originally, I went to his little shop, he was known as the local guy who did those kind of things. Now he’s world renowned..lol

Heh... In an old band I was in, we’d buy those, put a box over them, wrap them up with tape, and check them as baggage when we’d do mini tours up and down the left coast.

It was cheaper than renting or cartage, and we’d abandon them at the last club we played. :D

I preferred the fully solid state ones because they were lighter, but these sounded a smidge better, and the phaser was actually kinda awesome.

Heh... In an old band I was in, we’d buy those, put a box over them, wrap them up with tape, and check them as baggage when we’d do mini tours up and down the left coast.

It was cheaper than renting or cartage, and we’d abandon them at the last club we played. :D

I preferred the fully solid state ones because they were lighter, but these sounded a smidge better, and the phaser was actually kinda awesome.
Interesting, yes, the solid state ones were better and more hearty, you didn't have to worry about tubes going out on you.

Back