New amp

Guitar God

So, I got a new amp. It's a Peavey 5150 2 half stack. Picked up the head last week and picked up the matching cab it was on at one of my local music stores yesterday. Been considering one of these for years. Got the head for $575 and the cab for $275. Really good deal since the new 6505 stack is right around $2,000 for the head and cab together and are now China made. Really liking the way it sounds, too. I also got an MXR Il Diavolo Overdrive pedal, too. Here are pics.
c5Om2Rd.jpg

4Su6Z1t.jpg

One thing that amp doesn't need is an OD pedal. LOL
Oh, I know. I actually got the pedal a few days before I got the Peavey. I also have Fender amps and a Vox AC15 this thing works good with.

Cool!

Those are classic amps. A bandmate of mine had the newer 6505 and the construction was poor, IMO, I reckon the older USA models are tanks. Congrats!

Cool!

Those are classic amps. A bandmate of mine had the newer 6505 and the construction was poor, IMO, I reckon the older USA models are tanks. Congrats!

I bought mine new in 1994 and excluding tube costs I've got less than 300.00 in repairs since 1994.

The only repairs were as it aged it needed professional cleaning every few years.

And I have gigged the piss out of it too.

Back