New Amp - Roland JC40

John K

Do you want heavy?
5-FA7-BCC6-16-F5-4225-9752-F3-EE1-D6337-A2.jpg
Picked up a Roland JC40 and have spent all evening playing around with the HBII. Really sounds great with both the piezo and magnetic pickups enjoying all sorts of new tones. This is heavenly :)

Can't see the amp... I'm too busy staring at that mesmerizing whale-blue smokeburst wrap HBII.

Oh, hey look--there is an amp back there! Always wanted to play a JC, never have (that I can remember, at least). I bet the HBII would be an excellent guitar to use into it.

I didn’t mean to make the guitar the focal point of the picture, really just wanted to stress how much fun this combo is :)

I love Roland Jazz Chorus Amplifiers.

I gigged an original '80s JC-77 for over 20 years.
That amplifier is at present on indefinite loan to
Tone House Recording Studios in New York
and still going strong.

Enjoy your new amplifier.

Oh man, the JC40 is a game-changer, isn't it? I remember hooking up my semi-hollow to a similar amp, and it blew my mind how every little setting tweak felt like I’d discovered a new secret. Hours just melted away while I was playing. And the HBII with its pickup versatility? That's a dream setup – I bet it's got a killer sound!

I always say that playing with new gear is like adding spices to a recipe – sometimes you hit a flavor that just makes you go, “That’s it!” For anyone else getting into this, faqaudio has some straightforward advice and tidbits that help make sense of all the tech stuff without getting too technical. I stumbled on it once when I was trying to figure out the whole piezo pickup deal, and it actually helped.

Last edited:
Back