New Amp Day!

Brad737

This space for rent...
Hello all,
I've been downsizing my guitar collection a bit. I've simply run out of storage space. Likewise, I've also been streamlining my amp collection. One thing I did manage to snag was a Bruno Underground 30 with matching 212 cab. I've only been able to spend a few hours with it, but Lordy what an amp! My previous favorite clean amp is my Dr. Z Stingray combo. I still love the Stingray, but the UG30 just takes it to a completely different level. I'd classify the UG30 as a Vox tone like the Stingray, but to my ears, it's smoother and warmer, with phenomenal note separation. I've never used reverb a lot in the past, but I can't seems turn it completely off on this amp. It's the best reverb I've ever heard, and I just have to have a little taste. :)

Anyway, without further ado, here she is.

z8VM8jV.jpg

Keep an eye out on VR and TGP. There's going to be a FS ad for a Dr. Z soon. :D

Last edited:
Cool amp. I quoted the wrong post earlier. Do you still have and use the 5150 I keep seeing in your posts?

Very nice, have not seen that brand before.
'Tis the season for new amps, I recently within the last month picked up a new tube amp and dual cabs for it.

Yeah, I still play it from time to time. For what the 5150 was designed for (basically, a roadworthy, CHEAP Soldano SLO clone), it's super cool. But I don't play metal very often. I use it for Ozzy, Dio, Bush, Disturbed, etc. I MUCH prefer the 5150 III. (I have the 50w with 212.). The 5153 has a useable clean channel, decent "brown sound" channel, and the melt-your-face rage channel. Lots of versatility. For vintage VH, I have a Plexi with the VH mods. Best gain tone I've heard in my life.

Cool amp. I quoted the wrong post earlier. Do you still have and use the 5150 I keep seeing in your posts?

I've always heard Brunos were great amps, but I've never tried one myself. Congrats!

Goldtop Lloyd

Back