New Amp Day: HXDA and 212 Cab

Just butting in again on your HXDA thread to mention that mine sounds absolutely killer with the Special Semi-Hollow. Turns out it's a great combination with all of my guitars, and I didn't expect the SSH to work with it quite so well.

They're SUCH great amps.

Just butting in again on your HXDA thread to mention that mine sounds absolutely killer with the Special Semi-Hollow. Turns out it's a great combination with all of my guitars, and I didn't expect the SSH to work with it quite so well.

They're SUCH great amps.

Wait, is this the “Gear I want and can’t find” thread???

Well if only you weren't so picky you'd have my Gothic Special!

I'll admit I was almost too picky about the color, but in the end, tone prevailed. ;)

You know, I almost went for a SSH first rather than a 594, and then they were hard to find, then I almost went for the one you got and now they’re impossible to find. If I pass on another one, with my luck the model will get discontinued! Next one that comes up with the right specs and a decent finish won’t pass me by!

I recently picked up this outstanding HX/DA 30 head and 212 cab set that goes perfectly with my 59/09. This is the second HX/DA I’ve owned, the first being a 112 combo. Very happy so far!

2x8sYoJ.jpg
Wow….that’s quite the Pair!

They're SUCH great amps.

I agree. I’m finding a lot of tones with my Silver Sky that are just killer,

Back