New Amp Day: HXDA and 212 Cab

Faded

I recently picked up this outstanding HX/DA 30 head and 212 cab set that goes perfectly with my 59/09. This is the second HX/DA I’ve owned, the first being a 112 combo. Very happy so far!

2x8sYoJ.jpg

Congrats! Great amp with a great guitar (that top!) I miss my HXDA combo. 59/09s are my favorite PRS pickup.

I just looked at the full sized picture. Man, what a guitar! But how come it looks so neat and pristine? I got my 53/10 out the case yesterday and was a little shocked how "reliced" it looks. Tarnished pickup covers, worn away nickel patches on the bridge. Dinks and dents in the quilt top, nitro worn away on the edges of the top by the binding. Matt patches, gloss patches, green corrosion around the fret position markers on the side of the neck....I could go on

I just looked at the full sized picture. Man, what a guitar! But how come it looks so neat and pristine? I got my 53/10 out the case yesterday and was a little shocked how "reliced" it looks. Tarnished pickup covers, worn away nickel patches on the bridge. Dinks and dents in the quilt top, nitro worn away on the edges of the top by the binding. Matt patches, gloss patches, green corrosion around the fret position markers on the side of the neck....I could go on

Its as close to new as a 12 year old guitar can get, and I play it just about every day. It's just a good one I suppose!

I think you just must be very careful! Do those 59/09s have the pf09 nitro finish? Or are they the normal poly of the time? Either way it looks great

I’m not exactly sure if it’s the same PF-09 nitro, but it is satin nitro that feels similar/the same to the 53/10’s I’ve handled in the past.

Even at the crappiest of venues (this was in a beach house - aka concrete block bunker with bare concrete floors -aiming out to the water in 100% humidity), these stealth black rigs transcend the environment and class-up the show!

wetgig4.jpg

I played gigs like that as a kid...not sure I could handle one now!

Back