New amp day! Armored content…

Beautiful Amp! Did It Come With The Black Plate Front? I Want To Black Mine Out And Not Sure How Too Go About Doing So. I Was Thinking Powder Coat Shop Or something Similar.

Congrats!

Beautiful Amp! Did It Come With The Black Plate Front? I Want To Black Mine Out And Not Sure How Too Go About Doing So. I Was Thinking Powder Coat Shop Or something Similar.

Congrats!
Yes. Came with the black plate.
I’ve read that this stuff - https://plastidip.com/product/plasti-dip-glossy/ works great to give it the blacked out look. Plus, if you want to go back to the polished aluminum, you can just peel the coating right off.

Yes. Came with the black plate.
I’ve read that this stuff - https://plastidip.com/product/plasti-dip-glossy/ works great to give it the blacked out look. Plus, if you want to go back to the polished aluminum, you can just peel the coating right off.
I Would Be Too Concerned Over Operator Error...LOL! I Think A Safer Bet For Me Would Be To Pay A Professional To Powder Coat It And Make It Professional And Permanent Since I Would Never Be Getting Rid Of The Amp. Me And A Spray Can Hoping For A Professional Look Scares Me! :)

I do like a big Mesa (or ten....) and I'm missing my RK after reading this: time to get it back from my (much rock-ier) mate, who's had mine on long-term loan.

It's true, I'm all heart :)

Mesa used to sell them in their parts shop in several colors. I don't know if they still do, however.
I Have Seen Various Colors In The Baby Recto's But Not The Full Size Ones. I Will Have To Call And Check...Thanks For The Heads Up! :)

I Have Seen Various Colors In The Baby Recto's But Not The Full Size Ones. I Will Have To Call And Check...Thanks For The Heads Up! :)
If not, you could probably have it anodized in a color you like. It might be a more authentic match than a powder coat. Shops like this will do it:

Seems easy enough.
I think I need my controls blacked out…:)

I Wonder What Mesa Does To The Plates To Black Them Out Fm The Factory? Is It A Coating Like In The Can? Anodized? Powder Coated? Plastic? Anybody Know?

I Wonder What Mesa Does To The Plates To Black Them Out Fm The Factory? Is It A Coating Like In The Can? Anodized? Powder Coated? Plastic? Anybody Know?
Going by my BMX’er past:) and how the finish feels on mine, I’m going to say anodized. Has the same look and feel as the black colored aluminum parts I used on my bikes.
I’m not going to scratch it to find out, though.:p:D

Back