New 2020 SE Custom 24...

BallsofDoom

Any love for the Indonesian made SE line? I just got a Custom 24 in charcoal burst and it's bloody fantastic! I think it's on par or better than the old Korean made ones. The pickups are interesting... 85/15 S to me seems to have a JB vibe. Is there an A5 in the bridge? The finish and feel is top notch. Plays like buttah.

Any love for the Indonesian made SE line? I just got a Custom 24 in charcoal burst and it's bloody fantastic! I think it's on par or better than the old Korean made ones. The pickups are interesting... 85/15 S to me seems to have a JB vibe. Is there an A5 in the bridge? The finish and feel is top notch. Plays like buttah.

I have two Indonesian-made CU24s, and I love them. I particularly love the 85/15s pickups; I've never played a humbucker with that kind of clarity and snap. They're almost HD sounding. And yes, they play really well. It seems like the issues that have cropped up have been mainly finish related, but the finish on my Whale Blue and Trampas Green CU24s are gorgeous.

Back