New 2014 products already up!!

Very impressed by the variety of the new models. Looks like a lot of potential there for anyone getting into the line.

Well, well, well,

Just when I was about to order an S2 Mira, I find out about the new, 2014 line...

The SE Floyd and Zach Myers look really tempting. Oh and that S2 Singlecut. Looks like I will have to pad the bank account a bit more... Thankfully, We just completed the electrical rewiring of our house!

Anyhow, glad I was patient and I'm really exited about the next purchase, to complement my SG and SE Santana.

Cheers!

The S2 Mira rocks - not taking anything away from the new 2014 stuff, but don't count it out.

I think I am most interested in the ZM and the S2 SC (budget considerations factored in).

I was hoping for more S2 color choices though. I understand that the model line is relatively new, and I think the current offerings certainly offer a nice spectrum. Probably too early in the production cycle to incur added expense of additional or changed colors.

BTW am I right in reading that the S2 CU22 does NOT have coil splitting? No mention of a PP tone pot on that. Very cool that the S2 SC has individual PP pots for splits. Not quite an S2 408...but very very cool...

The Floyd CU24 is the biggest win for me! I had been thinking about how to get a hold of a nice CE-24 or CU24 and send it in for modding, but if they're going to do it for me stock and no refin require...! :D My ONLY wish is that they would add a "body" option for that one and let me build a dream guitar with all the identical specs of the Floyd CU24 but with a Swamp Ash body. HOLY YUM BATMAN!!! :top: Still, the specs on that are fantastic and I'm REALLY excited to see a Maryland-made production PRS model with a real OFR finally!

Those new colors too.... Obsidian and Leprechaun Tooth?! HELL YES!!!

obsidian.jpg

leprechauntooth.jpg

If (ha... more like "when", am I right?!) I grab one of these, it's going to be in one of those two colors! Looking forward to seeing a few in those finishes to get a better feel for which one I like more, but out of the new color lineup I think I like those two the most. Leprechaun Tooth seems like a modified Trampas Green and Obsidian reminds me of some of those PS I've seen with that sanded back gray-black color (I forget what PRS called it, maybe Charcoal or faded "something", I think McNaught called it "Rattlesnake" or something like that?), curious if it looks like this or not:

$_57.JPG

I just have a case of perma-GAS for PRS, and they don't make it any easier by continuing to put out awesome new stuff every year! Need to start saving my pennies up now, doesn't look like 2014 is going to be easy on my wallet!

Also forgot to mention I'm stoked that the P24 Trem is a standard model now too! Wish it had been an option last year as I would have grabbed one of those too instead of multiple P22's, but we'll see how it goes later, maybe I can make some room for one eventually!

Last edited:
I was already sold for the ZM proto, but the actual production looks even better. It's time to save...
The new S2 looks really good too!

Can I just ask for clarification - the new cu24 models spec page says neck profile pattern reg. Does this mean that thin profile is now only an AP option?

I will not rule out the Mira, its a great guitar. But that SC is really cool with the individual splits.

I presume the color choices are limited to save costs and production time. That may change in the future.

My understanding of S2 CU22 description is the same. I was very surprised that the CU 22 did not have the split.

Cheers!

The S2 Mira rocks - not taking anything away from the new 2014 stuff, but don't count it out.

I think I am most interested in the ZM and the S2 SC (budget considerations factored in).

I was hoping for more S2 color choices though. I understand that the model line is relatively new, and I think the current offerings certainly offer a nice spectrum. Probably too early in the production cycle to incur added expense of additional or changed colors.

BTW am I right in reading that the S2 CU22 does NOT have coil splitting? No mention of a PP tone pot on that. Very cool that the S2 SC has individual PP pots for splits. Not quite an S2 408...but very very cool...

My understanding of S2 CU22 description is the same. I was very surprised that the CU 22 did not have the split.

Cheers!
It looks like the S2 CU22 is using a type of #7 pickup. The one's I have seen on eBay are not split-able.

Last edited:
I was coveting, what is now a production Zach Myers signature when I saw it a "Premier Guitar Rig Rundown", he wouldn't let them film the head stalk and now I know why. Maybe one day it will have more finish options or be a standard product line without a signature attached to it.

I was coveting, what is now a production Zach Myers signature when I saw it a "Premier Guitar Rig Rundown", he wouldn't let them film the head stalk and now I know why. Maybe one day it will have more finish options or be a standard product line without a signature attached to it.

I don't really mind the signature. I was just very happy to see it doesn't have his 12th fret inlay like his original model. Would have been a deal breaker for me.

Now seeing it, I will own it as soon as its available without a doubt.

Can I just ask for clarification - the new cu24 models spec page says neck profile pattern reg. Does this mean that thin profile is now only an AP option?

No, I just got the new price list and both patterns are available on the Core model.

I'm With You Carl My Mira S2 Rocks .S2 SC Looks nice though !

Wow, well that was definitely quick! Glad they have Floyds on some of the US models, now.

I hear you...but from my perspective, they picked the PERFECT color

You may be correct... TG looks exactly like the base stain for Black Cherry.

All I'd have to do is strip the poly off and add some red.:girl:

Zach Myers new sig just hit my wish list. The S2 SC is also interesting for me, specially if I PTCize it with a set of \m/ pick ups.
How I wish PRS offers a 12 strings SE or S2 guitar. I would love to get a 12 strings but don't want to spend too much on it.
Since I am seeing lots of PS guitars with Swamp Ash body and maple top they could offer a special run of those.
And since it's my "how I wish" moment, PRS also could bring back a SC with 25" scale and \m/ pick ups.

Back