Need to replace bridge of 277 baritone, but PRS does not offer bridge for sale!

Jake Angelastro

Hi everyone,

I'm in a bit of a jam. I have the PRS SE Mike Mushok baritone, and the bridge has unfortunately become damaged and needs to be totally replaced. I searched the Official PRS Parts & Accessories online store, but could not find this bridge available to order. Though perhaps I missed it?

I emailed PRS customer service and received this reply: "We do not offer the baritone bridge for separate sale and unfortunately cannot accommodate your request."

I replied, asking if there truly was no solution to this. Surely they don't expect players to purchase an entirely new guitar in order to replace a single part!?

I am still awaiting a reply, but in the meantime I'm wondering if anyone else out there has replaced the stock bridge on the 277 line with a different brand. I love the guitar, and I would love to play it again!

Many thanks in advance!

Looks like the Hipshot will work; you'll just need to drill new mounting holes.

What is damaged? If the plate is salvageable, you can buy new saddles.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the replies, it means a lot to me!

Slight update since yesterday. I have salvaged the bridge plate, but I will need to get new saddles, screws, and springs. PRS replied to me, letting me know that PRS SE saddles are available for purchase on their website. Still, I am frankly shocked that PRS doesn't offer the bridge for the baritone line as a separate purchase.

Yes, I have seen that some people have used the hipshot bridges as a replacement. I don't think I'll have to go down that route yet, fortunately.

Thanks for steering me in the direction of John Mann. I did check out his website, though I didn't find any 277 baritone bridges for sale. Nothing on Ebay or Reverb, either.

I will update everyone if anything develops. I still invite others to contribute to this discussion! Surely there must be a better way than PRS expecting players to buy a whole new guitar just to replace a single bridge plate! (Not hating on PRS, I love their stuff. Just somewhat baffled by all this!)
Thanks everyone!
Jake

(P.S. I have a hard time explaining how I got in this mess. Essentially, 3 of the intonation screws could not be removed from their corresponding saddles. For all my efforts, they were stuck, and no variation of screwdriver could get them to loosen and unwind. Eventually the screws became stripped. So I was stuck with a bridge that had 3 saddles that were stuck on to it. I had no issue with the other 3 saddles; they came out easily and without damage to the screws. After some work, I was eventually able to remove those final 3 screws and saddles. So I was able to salvage the bridge plate.)

Thanks for steering me in the direction of John Mann. I did check out his website, though I didn't find any 277 baritone bridges for sale. Nothing on Ebay or Reverb, either.
He's also very knowledgeable. Sounds like you're heading in the right direction now, but for future reference, when I say get in touch with him, I mean, actually get in touch with him. He probably would have had some suggested solutions

He's also very knowledgeable. Sounds like you're heading in the right direction now, but for future reference, when I say get in touch with him, I mean, actually get in touch with him. He probably would have had some suggested solutions

John is extremely helpful and very gracious with his time and expertise.

Back