Need to make a choice...

vox801

... an all Korina McCarty with Brazilian Fretboard or Mahogany McCarty with P-90's.... any opinions?

Can't miss with either one, but I love all Hog guitars! P90's are just a bonus.

From your signature it looks like the P90 McCarty would be the most different, so I'd go with that one as long as you like the sound of the pickups and don't mind the hum.

What is the weight of those guitars? That would help me decide. Korina can be ultra-light but it can also be bog-standard near-'hog weight. Some mahogany is lighter than others.

I would lean towards the McKorina I guess but if it were weirdly heavy compared to the other one that might put me off. YMMV.

P-90s are my favourite pickups in the world but there are a lot of choices in P-90 equipped guitars out there, I dunno if the McCarty would be my first choice.

From your signature it looks like the P90 McCarty would be the most different, so I'd go with that one as long as you like the sound of the pickups and don't mind the hum.

i like P-90's.... they work well with this particular guitar... for mahagony, it is very light as well

The McCarty Soapbar guitars are among my favorite PRSes, ever. Looks like you have the other tones covered.

The McCarty Soapbar guitars are among my favorite PRSes, ever. Looks like you have the other tones covered.

This. Its all personal taste, but I have never like the tone of a single guitar that was made with Korina. :iamconfused:

You're going to let everyone 'vote' on which guitar you should buy instead of going with your own personal likes/wants/needs?
I've never understood why people do this in forums unless it's about technical gear/relaibility/features etc.
Guitars? No way.
Go with your heart and forget what everyone else "wants" you to buy.

You're going to let everyone 'vote' on which guitar you should buy instead of going with your own personal likes/wants/needs?
I've never understood why people do this in forums unless it's about technical gear/relaibility/features etc.
Guitars? No way.
Go with your heart and forget what everyone else "wants" you to buy.
it's just a question.... not a decision by vote

... an all Korina McCarty with Brazilian Fretboard or Mahogany McCarty with P-90's.... any opinions?

Go with the P90 Hog and then tell me where I can get my hands on the Braz/Korina McCarty. hahahaha

I would imagine people ask questions like this on forums pertaining to the subject matter.... who better to get information from then those who share a common interest... not sure why it has to be as black and white as technical/reliability/features etc.... that info is readily available in many platforms... this is supposedly a community... and I never said I was basing my decision on general consensus... I just asked for opinions.

Last edited:
Back