need to know forum etiquette

captdg

HI,

I am new to this board, and I posted a question and was extremely thankful for all the assisstance I got. I wanted to thank each poster ,I did, however superfluous, and it was deleted. I want to obey the rules, I have learned a lot from this board since I joined. I did not see too much on rules in the FAQ. I did read the rules. I did use the word Brown Nosing maybe I shouldnt have.Any suggestions?

Thanks

DG

Last edited:
Use common sense and good etiquette. Treat people with the respect you'd like to be treated with. Usually, if one questions whether something is "ok" or if it will fly, it's probably not cool. I've rarely read rules to forums and have had very few problems when following the above.

I wanted to thank each poster ,I did, however superfluous, and it was deleted.
I just checked. You deleted 2 of the 5 "Thank you" notes.

If it wasn't you then your account has been compromised and you should change your password ASAP.

Shall I revive the posts you deleted?

Self_Deleted_zpsb809e1db.png

Last edited:
A very useful rule of thumb is to never write anything that you would not say face to face in polite conversation with another human. Too often people forget that there are humans on the other side of the wire reading and that they have the same feelings and sensibilities that you do.

You can disagree with someone or an idea, just take the high road in doing so.

I don't direct this advice at you personally, I offer it only as an interpretation of the be nice rule usually present on any forum.

Last edited:
I was just real excited that I had gotten so much help the first time posting! I said nothing offensive, but nI just was thanking everyone in sight that I said.."Sorry for Brown Nosing".. Really like this place..

Back