Need some help from the experts

gush

Where is that speedo pic
Ok......I've just discovered something jacked up as all hell.

I have this hog ce22 1997. When i got it there was a lot not right with it but i made the necessary changes including swapping trems. I put a Mann on my ce24 and put that old one on this hog22 thinking it was maybe in better condition. I had it set up a couple years ago.and it came back with 4 springs on it when it went out with 3. Ok.....not a huge deal but it felt like when I pulled up it was maybe trying to compress the springs.

Again, not a huge deal. I tune to Eb and thought I should take the 4th spring off and tighten the claw to make it right.

Fast forward.........the G string frets out when played open so it's needed a new nut and I've been dragging my feet.

All this talk of 5310s got me wanting to play this thing. The song I'm currently working on is in D so being tuned down a half step I'm thinking I should use it and not play the G string open. Ha ha

I take 4th spring off and adjust claw but it still feels like it's compressing the springs. What's actually happening is the trem isn't sitting in the center of the route so when I pull up its hitting the body.

The term I took off this thing is not available to look at.

This trem came off a 97 ce24 and is on my 97 hog ce22. What the hell is up???
I never noticed this when I put it on.

Anybody got a clue????

Hmmm... not sure exactly what you mean about the trem, pics would help.

You can backfill the nut slot with some superglue for that open string.

Imagine what you would end up with if you moved the trem screws ahead 3/16 of an inch.

That's what I'm talking about. There is zero evidence that's happened as its a natural finish so it would be obvious.

There is no up route. The trem block on the fulcrum side hits the body if you pull it up even a little.

I guess what I'm asking is there more than one spec for 1997 trems?

I don't think I can do pics from my POS phone but I can snap a pic and send it to rider1260.

I guess my next question is this. I've never had trem block off of one of these. Is there any adjustments?

I just took trem cover off of my ce24 with Mann. It looks to be just as close as the hog is. The only difference is the trem on the hog guitar is set a bit higher.

I guess I got excited too quickly.

Sorry guys.

Back