Need some advice..

Vegvisir

Hello people, i own a Custom 22 and a Custom 24 Artist, ive been offered a 1999 PRS McCarty Hollowbody 10 Top for the CU24. Would you trade it? Having a CU22 thats not sooo different to the 24...

You're best bet is to play both, see which one suits your play-style and which one will help you create the style of music in your head. Both are great guitars and great at what they do.

That being said, I own a Custom 22, Custom 24, Custom 24-08, and a Hollowbody II. I honestly don't think I'd ever trade any of them and would just simply save up and buy whatever it was that I wanted next. My passion and lust for guitar acquisition has never really been "economical".

Having said all of that....the Hollowbody is one of the absolute best models PRS makes, in my opinion.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Sadly thats not an option right now... im having some financial troubles and these guitars here in Spain are really expensive because there are not so many

Im looking for a little more versatility, i think theyre both on the same price and quality range the McCarty HB has birds and an amazing flamed back... if i didnt love my CU24 so much this would be easier :eek:

What year is the Cu24? Regardless, it's a tough call. If you love the 24 that much, I'd keep it. I'd hate to have traders remorse a couple of months down the line.

Sadly thats not an option right now... im having some financial troubles and these guitars here in Spain are really expensive because there are not so many

Im looking for a little more versatility, i think theyre both on the same price and quality range the McCarty HB has birds and an amazing flamed back... if i didnt love my CU24 so much this would be easier :eek:

Are you able to post pictures of both yours and the trade bait?

What year is the Cu24? Regardless, it's a tough call. If you love the 24 that much, I'd keep it. I'd hate to have traders remorse a couple of months down the line.
Its a 2002 CU24 Artist, not a PS but its special

Are you able to post pictures of both yours and the trade bait?
Some of you have seen it in another post before i replaced the pickup rings and knobs

n8byj5Tr.jpg
tecORTF.jpg
rAImlol.jpg

Last edited:
Back