Need info on S2 Singlecut replacement parts, bridge, studs, etc.

dsheppard

So, I bought an AWESOME Scarlet Red S2 Singlecut from Sweetwater, and so far, I've replaced the pickups in favor of a Seymour Duncan '59 neck, and JB in the bridge - HUGE difference!

I'm not sure I'm digging the brass bridge studs, and would to replace with nickel or chrome, as well as replacing the bridge with a fully adjustable. Are these threaded metric? What should I look at, Tone Pros? Which one is a direct replacement??

I would rather keep the brass studs as they sustain better IMO. I have a S2 Singlecut and just installed the PRS \m/ pickups in it! sounds killer. As for adjustable you can either go with PRS adjustable from their website or these-- http://www.schroederguitars.com/buy/guitar-parts/schroeder-adjustable-stoptail-bridge Frankly I would not use a tone pros if they were the only ones in existence total crap quality and tolerance from my experience!

So, I bought an AWESOME Scarlet Red S2 Singlecut from Sweetwater, and so far, I've replaced the pickups in favor of a Seymour Duncan '59 neck, and JB in the bridge - HUGE difference!

I'm not sure I'm digging the brass bridge studs, and would to replace with nickel or chrome, as well as replacing the bridge with a fully adjustable. Are these threaded metric? What should I look at, Tone Pros? Which one is a direct replacement??

I'm going to try to save you a bunch of cash and say this: I've tried most of the aftermarket parts and PRS generally gets it right the first time. I do like the tone pros brass studs for convenience if you must get something. Get the ones with the big buttons for a stock look.

The studs are US not metric. The unllated brass ones like sound better than the plated ones but if you don't dig the look you don't dig it.

As far as the bridge, that thing has perfect intonation as-is and is dead simple and better sounding than the multi-piece adjustable ones. Unless you are using super heavy strings or a really weird mixed set I can't figure why you would want to change it.

As far as the bridge, that thing has perfect intonation as-is and is dead simple and better sounding than the multi-piece adjustable ones. Unless you are using super heavy strings or a really weird mixed set I can't figure why you would want to change it.

I agree. Bridge stays.

Love the bridge on my S2 Mira. Besides being everything it should be it's also really comfortable.

Back