Need help with special order finish (cherry charcoal burst)

chris_1984

Hi all,

this is my first post here, so HELLO!

I'm just about to order a special order finish CU 24 and would some confirmation on how this finish is called:

DSC_9745.jpg

It is often referred to as "Charcoal Cherry Burst" and sometimes as "Charcoal Cherry Tiger Burst". Does "Tiger" make a difference here, or is it perhaps just pointing out the flamed top?

I've seen other versions of this finish where the center is more brownish and less charcoal colored. In addition, the dark black outside on the body contour is not always there.

Here's some other examples of this finish where it looks quite different:

mwk9s191ngginr1uojom.jpg

2014_prs_paul_reed_smith_custom-24_cherry_charcoal_burst_electric_guitar_1319616-6.jpg

Thanks a lot in advance!

Cheers,
Christian

The top photo is a private stock and perhaps they are talking about the flame top. Regardless, it is a private stock color so you wont be getting that color. The other two photos are the Charcoal Cherry Burst I've seen around this forum or at dealer sites. You should be able to get this color with the appropriate up charge. Enjoy!!

Forum Member jfb is Mr Charcoal Cherry Burst!!! Drop him a line!!

Thanks for the Info guys!

Since the first is a private stock one, that explains the significant increase in awesomeness of the finish :-D

Now I just have to decide between pattern thin and regular...

Forum Member jfb is Mr Charcoal Cherry Burst!!! Drop him a line!!

You rang?

The guitar in question is PS #4081 and is finished in Charcoal Cherry Burst.

That will get you the color you are after on your guitar. Keep us posted on how it goes. Still one of my all time favorite colors.

You rang?

The guitar in question is PS #4081 and is finished in Charcoal Cherry Burst.

That will get you the color you are after on your guitar. Keep us posted on how it goes. Still one of my all time favorite colors.

Great. Thanks for chiming in!

I will be driving to the PRS dealer today to test drive the pattern regular and pattern thin necks. I really like the wide fat neck on my CU22 as well I liked the wide thin neck on my old CE24. Something between the two would be perfect!

Anyway, here's the specs of the guitar so far:

Custom 24 Model
Charcoal Cherry Burst finish
10 Top, flamed maple
59 / 09 pickups (nickel covers w/ black PU rings)
Hybrid hardware
Neck?

The guitar will be finished in late Feb 2015.

Cheers,
Christian

I always love seeing pics of JFB's Charcoal Cherryburst monster. :star:

I think you might really like a pattern or pattern regular, they seem to be a nice medium between your WF and WT necks. Take your guitars with you, when you go sample the new ones.

Back