Need help with my 2 Channel H Combo

Raven17

Joey Tatts
I'm hoping this is just a simple case of IOE (idiot operator error).

My brand new PRS 2 Channel H Combo amp is fading out. What I mean is while I'm playing the volume drops nearly to zero. This occurs in both channels and if I switch channels it will sometimes come back up in volume for a time.

I have the lead channel set for high gain, dirty as I can get it and the clean is set very middle of the road. It's really off-putting and I haven't even powered it up for awhile because it'll just piss me off.

I bought this amp to explore more mellow tones, I use an EVH 5150 100w half-stack and a Randall 100w half-stack in my primary rig with zero issues. I run stomp boxes with the EVH and a GNX4 with the Randall.

I'm not using anything with the PRS amp.

Any insight, questions and of course answers are greatly appreciated.

Thx!

I'm hoping this is just a simple case of IOE (idiot operator error).

It does not sound like IOE to me. Fading is often the result of a bad/marginal power tube or power supply capacitor. You may also have a bad/cold solder joint in the power supply. It's difficult to diagnose an amp over the Internet. I would contact the factory. Doug or Brandon will take care of you.

It does not sound like IOE to me. Fading is often the result of a bad/marginal power tube or power supply capacitor. You may also have a bad/cold solder joint in the power supply. It's difficult to diagnose an amp over the Internet. I would contact the factory. Doug or Brandon will take care of you.

Thanks, will do.

On the upside, at least you're very close to PRS.

Not that I ever doubted them, but all it took was one email to PRS customer service.
I had a reply from Matt with a few specific questions to help him diagnose the problem.
One day after answering his questions I had a package from FedEx with replacement tubes and instructions.
Later tonight I'll swap out the tubes and see if it's going to be that easy.

Not that I ever doubted them, but all it took was one email to PRS customer service.
I had a reply from Matt with a few specific questions to help him diagnose the problem.
One day after answering his questions I had a package from FedEx with replacement tubes and instructions.
Nice! good luck, hopefully that's it.
Great looking avatar! :beer:

Nice deal. Good luck with the swap. Hope all gets resolved.

Back