Need help rationalizing a purchase

captdg

My Bernie looks kinda lonely by itself.. Do guitars need friends? should I buy Bernie a friend.. I just need a coupla people too tell me I should buy a new guitar( so bernie doesnt have emotional damage)...No Suzy Ormans ,please.. And what would BE a good friend for Bernie?

Thank ya..:santa:

I vote for an SE Custom 24 or SE Tremonti Custom.

But would be good if you give us more info on what sounds, artists, styles you are looking to achieve.

It's never bad to have more than one guitar... What if a friend comes over to jam? What kind of friend would you be if you didn't have an extra guitar for that poor fella?

Bernie would get along great with an American cousin... Maybe a 408 or DGT Standard or perhaps you need something in the Custom family... Just my .02

American goes good with anything! Or a SE Custom 24, with the trem and those nice hot pickups, that would be a good buddy for Bernie...

SE Custom 24 seems to go very well with the Bernie...

8236743594_fed5ea78e1_b.jpg

Pretty much cover all ground with those two.

I did hope my Bernie would get on with the rest of my guitars but he just laughs at them! :dontknow:

Reasons to buy another guitar?

Bernie doesn't have:

A tremolo
A piezo p/u
DGT neck carve
408 pick ups
24 frets

There are always reasons to buy another guitar. Most of all it's the Holidays, and you and Bernie deserve it (at least as far as I know ).

..sniffff.. I love yall guys.....Im gonna be in the delivery room when Bernie gets a brother........and maybe a little sister amp.

I did hope my Bernie would get on with the rest of my guitars but he just laughs at them! :dontknow:

What kind of pickups are those on your Bernie?..I think you are right...24.

What kind of pickups are those on your Bernie?..I think you are right...24.

Bare Knuckle Mule neck and a Suhr Doug Aldrich bridge. I temporarily put the bridge Mule back in after I got the C24 but I just couldn't get on with it so I sold it. Nice pup but I just like a bit more punch in the bridge position. May yet change the Aldrich bridge pup but we'll see.

That cat up there would make me nervous

That cat up there would make me nervous
That is a good picture....My cat Steve, (named after Steve Austin) rubs against my guitar..Sylvia, a Tuxedo cat, who should be in the state hospital, gives my Bernie a bath, every now and again.. She thinks our sofa is her kitten.

Back