need help installing Tremonti pickup

hord1080

Hello! I am new to guitar wiring but i do know how to solder. My question is I can't seem to find an exact wiring diagram for my Singlecut SE (one vol, one tone, 3-way toggle). The US Tremonti neck pickup has a black, white, red/green twisted, and braided mesh wire. The existing neck pickup (Seymour Duncan Distortion) has the green/bare wire going to the 3-prong side of the toggle, and the black wire going to the 1-prong side of the toggle. The weird thing is according to SD website, this should be reversed. Any tips on how to connect this bad boy? Also, what do I do with this braided wire on the new pickup? I've never seen that before. I can post pics if needed but not sure how to. thanks!

Braid to ground always.

I'd go black to ground and white to hot. If you end up out of phase in the middle position, reverse that.

Red/Green would be the split wires so leave them twisted and tape them off if you're not doing coil splitting.

Thank you. Here is a pic of current wiring. Where should i put the braided wire? For the prs pickup should I just do both ground and braided together where it is now, and white to where the black is now? Does the braided go to the back of a pot instead?

9MxLUTe.jpg

Last edited:
Back