Need help deciding......again.

cboisits

So I returned my CE24 that had unacceptable scratches. Back to the drawing board.
Should I get an S2 McCarty Thinline..........
af02mae1u6wiwtolouar.jpg

A regular McCarty....
rmliexpkl2djvyt9bi8f.jpg

Or do I get this CE24
cqsdkyfrpa7cxwogmrob.jpg

Jeez. I don't know man. I really don't know. That's why I'm asking what you guys think of each. Pros and cons. I think I am leaning more toward the CE24. I just wish it wasn't a bolt on. I like the resonance and sustain of a set neck.

I like the CE. I also like the S2 but I heard that it has cheaper parts.

I'd probably go CE, but then that's because I prefer the 25" scale and love maple necks. That said, the McCarty 594 S2s have stop tails...

Yeah, the S2s have imported pickups and the CE has US 85/15s, but the 58/15S in the S2s sound dang good. The CE still has an import bridge. The CE has locking tuners, the McCartys have vintage style. Yeah, there are some imported parts on the S2s but my 2 S2 Velas are excellent guitars, and I like them over most Cores that I've owned.

Jeez. I don't know man. I really don't know. That's why I'm asking what you guys think of each. Pros and cons. I think I am leaning more toward the CE24. I just wish it wasn't a bolt on. I like the resonance and sustain of a set neck.
How important are 24 frets?

Can you live without the tremendous?

Do you think separate tone & volume controls are helpful, or bothersome?

Any reason you couldn't get the 594 & the CE?

I'd probably go CE. As a guy that up until recently just knew that he was a hardtail guy, I've been playing around with a trem and having way too much fun.

Had an S2 594 and a CE. Get the CE. Better pups, locking tuners, more of an all arounder. This is coming from a guy who loves his Core 594's.

Not even a question for me out of the three. CE

I've yet to find an S2 that does much for me. Every time I go with the intention to buy an S2 I leave with something else or nothing at all. Out of those countless times only one of them I slightly regret not purchasing.

A McCarty is one that interests me and think one day I may pick one up. Then I grab a Les Paul and forget all about em.

A CE on the other hand, there have been very few from any year I haven't liked. Certain years I like better because of this or that but a CE is always a winner in my hands.

Here is what is on my mind:
-McCarty 594: I heard it has a thick neck, and I have a small hand with carpel tunnel syndrome so maybe a thinner neck is better?
-Thinline McCarty: No flame tops :(
-CE 24: my only gripe is that it is a bolt-on and I love a set neck. I can overlook that though. Especially when it is plugged through my new/used MESA that is being delivered any day now

Back