need help again......

Discussion in 'PRS News' started by ruk777, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Stephen Rudnick

Stephen Rudnick New Member

If that tweed Bassman is the only one you own and the most treasured in your vast collection, I would not sell it.

You appear to have other tools which might be sold and would amass less value in oncoming years then the Bassman.

I have learned in my 59 years of playing that unless I owned either one, or possibly more of the holy grail 1950's-1960's Gibsons, early 1950's Fenders, a D'Angelico, early tweed Fender amps or early Marshall p-t-p amps, early Vox amps, maybe a Dumble, or Trainwreck, that I have seen nothing else which imho will appreciate enough to make saving them up for a 401 type retirement viable.

Of course this is only one opinion, and I am not in your position to speak from currently owning some of these magnificent offerings that you own. ymmv In any event, I wish you the wisdom to make a decision which brings you happiness and no regrets.

Andyp likes this.
  2. ruk777

ruk777 New Member

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG] great reply. Thank you. Sadly, of all the amps you mentioned, I have owned multiple examples. All mint, all the rarest of the rare. If you saw the 6 or so Marshalls I've owned, you would fall over. Same as the Voxes and same as the tweeds. No Dumble, train wrecks or D'Angelico. I have two dead mint tweeds left- a 1960 Deluxe and the 59 baseman. I think I have the Deluxe sold for $4,000. This way I can pay off the semi-hollowbody and pick up a gorgeous Santana. Now I just want a 12 string. Those amps I owned were absolutely STUNNIng. Jaw droopingly gorgeous. But over time I realize that storage, upkeep and mostly not being able to use them without having a studio made them nothing more than conversation pieces. I've sold amps that people might trade a finger for (from their right hand of coursse). Now I have to live with that. I have a 62 Ampeg Jet that sounds as good or better than the Deluxe I plan to sell. I'm 48. To store those amps for 20 years or even ten (this is how long I expect to live) would be a burden. It's very sad. I culminated the greatest vintage amp collection and now it is a shell of what it once was. I still have a few jewels. But the PRSs are also pieces that are one of a kind and whether they go up in value or not, I will get great satisfaion from playing them any time. They are all better than the ones that came before. I can't imagine this not being the golden age of PRS guitars....
    [​IMG][​IMG][/URL][​IMG]IMG

CAN'T FIND MY GREATEST VOX PHOTO OF ALL TIME, BUT TAKE A LOOK AT THIS ONE. ANYONE NOTICE SOMETHING THAT YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN BEFORE ON AN AC30?

[​IMG][​IMG][/URL]/IMG] ]

#22 ruk777, Apr 25, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
  3. LSchefman

LSchefman Hears Tones

Dirt/debris from The Cavern Club?

Andyp likes this.
  4. Chuckblues

Chuckblues New Member

ruk777

Is that a Traynor Custom Reverb in the back ? I wish I hadn't sold mine !

5. Alan Manning

Alan Manning Well Love a Duck Mary Poppins.!!!

Great stuff' Fair play to you.

6. G-Man

G-Man New Member

I would keep the amp since it is a pretty rare find and will probably increase in value. Get rid of the stuff you do not use and use that cash to get the PRS.

7. clasbtenn

clasbtenn New Member

"I can't imagine this not being the golden age of PRS guitars...." ruk777
    I hope you are correct with this statement. I just ordered a PS 594. ;)

veinbuster and Dusty Chalk like this.
  8. Rider1260

Rider1260 New Member

I am more of a guitar guy than an amp guy and that does look like a nice amp.
    I would do that deal in a heartbeat that guitar speaks to me !!!!
    The color the pickup layout :) !!!!! everything about that guitar I like.
    PS GREAT collection !!! Thanks for sharing