need help again......

If that tweed Bassman is the only one you own and the most treasured in your vast collection, I would not sell it.

You appear to have other tools which might be sold and would amass less value in oncoming years then the Bassman.

I have learned in my 59 years of playing that unless I owned either one, or possibly more of the holy grail 1950's-1960's Gibsons, early 1950's Fenders, a D'Angelico, early tweed Fender amps or early Marshall p-t-p amps, early Vox amps, maybe a Dumble, or Trainwreck, that I have seen nothing else which imho will appreciate enough to make saving them up for a 401 type retirement viable.

Of course this is only one opinion, and I am not in your position to speak from currently owning some of these magnificent offerings that you own. ymmv In any event, I wish you the wisdom to make a decision which brings you happiness and no regrets.

tn_zpsgel1xnvk.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG] great reply. Thank you. Sadly, of all the amps you mentioned, I have owned multiple examples. All mint, all the rarest of the rare. If you saw the 6 or so Marshalls I've owned, you would fall over. Same as the Voxes and same as the tweeds. No Dumble, train wrecks or D'Angelico. I have two dead mint tweeds left- a 1960 Deluxe and the 59 baseman. I think I have the Deluxe sold for $4,000. This way I can pay off the semi-hollowbody and pick up a gorgeous Santana. Now I just want a 12 string. Those amps I owned were absolutely STUNNIng. Jaw droopingly gorgeous. But over time I realize that storage, upkeep and mostly not being able to use them without having a studio made them nothing more than conversation pieces. I've sold amps that people might trade a finger for (from their right hand of coursse). Now I have to live with that. I have a 62 Ampeg Jet that sounds as good or better than the Deluxe I plan to sell. I'm 48. To store those amps for 20 years or even ten (this is how long I expect to live) would be a burden. It's very sad. I culminated the greatest vintage amp collection and now it is a shell of what it once was. I still have a few jewels. But the PRSs are also pieces that are one of a kind and whether they go up in value or not, I will get great satisfaion from playing them any time. They are all better than the ones that came before. I can't imagine this not being the golden age of PRS guitars....
tn_3_zpsvj7f4qiv.jpeg
tn_3_zpsvj7f4qiv.jpeg
[/URL]
tn_zpsgel1xnvk.jpeg
IMG

CAN'T FIND MY GREATEST VOX PHOTO OF ALL TIME, BUT TAKE A LOOK AT THIS ONE. ANYONE NOTICE SOMETHING THAT YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN BEFORE ON AN AC30?

DSC06043_zpsshc3oygk.jpg
DSC06043_zpsshc3oygk.jpg
[/URL]/IMG] ]

Last edited:
I would keep the amp since it is a pretty rare find and will probably increase in value. Get rid of the stuff you do not use and use that cash to get the PRS.

I am more of a guitar guy than an amp guy and that does look like a nice amp.
I would do that deal in a heartbeat that guitar speaks to me !!!!
The color the pickup layout :) !!!!! everything about that guitar I like.
PS GREAT collection !!! Thanks for sharing

Back