tn_10_zpswlbirxaa.jpeg
[/URL]
tn_2_zps27o097y2.jpeg
IMG]

FOR THIS GUITAR:
Screen%20Shot%202016-04-16%20at%2012.13.30%20PM_zps11dian34.png
Screen%20Shot%202016-04-16%20at%2012.13.30%20PM_zps11dian34.png
[/URL]/IMG]
THANKS A TON FOR EVERYONE WHO CHIMES IN... Vintage tweed bass mans will rise in value, especially in this condition. But will this guitar rise in value over time? It's a tough question. Opinions?

let me put it this way- I am a collector. I probably have 15 amps (down from about 50) and have about 9 guitars. It's a question of want not need. I have a few amps that are 50 watt amps (the baseman is actually a 35). I have a PRS 20. I have a mint '59 tweed deluxe. I have two dead mint white/maroon Fenders. A Showman and a Bandmaster. So, even though that tweed baseman is the amp that I own worth the most money, I am covered. I am covered with guitars too, but these private stock PRSs are blowing my mind. Do you guys think any of these guitars will go up in value in ten years or more? I have to believe the tweed baseman is worth 10k now and will only increase in value. maybe I should just sell it all and buy some Apple stock...

To be honest, I can't help you based on how you phrased the question: you collect both guitars and amps, and perceive them, at least far more than me, as an investment vehicle as well as musical instruments.

I don't see my stuff that way - I buy them to play, and fully expect to die before selling them, so my estate will reap any actual value.

But I don't see the PRS guitar gaining in value faster than the amp, in this particular case. But...what do I know, I don't spend any time researching such topics. Which would make me a lousy investment counselor, over time.

So for me, it would be a case of: assuming equal value, do I need/want that amp, right now, more than that guitar, right now?

Actually, if it was me, I'd keep the amp (unless I really didn't like it), and save up a bit and buy the guitar too, if possible...

I wouldn't count on the value going up. Too many variables -- I do believe PRS is at their absolute peak in terms of quality, but there are things that are totally outside their control, like wood. Look at Brazilian Rosewood, but then look at things like the ROHS restrictions. So who knows.

If that trade were actually on the table, I'd take the guitar every day.

DSCF3895_zpscmrgupow.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSCF3895_zpscmrgupow.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSCF3895_zpscmrgupow.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
tn_2_zps3jvaixrw.jpeg
[/URL]/IMG] trust me, I use ALL of my instruments. But my amps are for every tone I can find. Anyone ever play or see a Veleno? I've owned 4.
tn_zps51yqdr20.jpeg
tn_zps51yqdr20.jpeg
[/URL]
tn_2_zps3jvaixrw.jpeg
IMG
IMG_1252_zps8kuhceil.jpg

Now it's PRS. Maybe when I get the balls I'll post some of my music.....

As an investment, probably not. As a fair trade, yep I'd do it.

For me to consider something an investment, it needs to hold its value in pace with inflation at a minimum.
To be a good investment, it needs to increase in value faster than inflation at a minimum.

Guitars (amps, modern instruments in general) don't do either of these things 99.9% of the time.

If you WANT it more than the amp, make the trade.

First let me say thanks for making me look like I'm not so bad...I showed your pictures to my wife.

A player would think: Right now that new guitar and your used amplifier are of roughly equivalent cash value...which would you get the most pleasure from over the next few years. You already have a ton of guitars and amps...which is going to add uniqueness and fun to your life today.

A collector/investor would think: While nothing is certain...in a few years the amp will be worth the same or more...and the guitar (now used) will likely be worth significantly less. They aren't making any more vintage fender amps (at least Fender isn't), but PRS is still making awesome guitars everyday.

You ask what should you do...it all depends on who you are.

I'd be all over that 20th (unless I could trade the amp for a SuperEagle instead).

Good luck...very very cool collection.

First let me say thanks for making me look like I'm not so bad...I showed your pictures to my wife.

A player would think: Right now that new guitar and your used amplifier are of roughly equivalent cash value...which would you get the most pleasure from over the next few years. You already have a ton of guitars and amps...which is going to add uniqueness and fun to your life today.

A collector/investor would think: While nothing is certain...in a few years the amp will be worth the same or more...and the guitar (now used) will likely be worth significantly less. They aren't making any more vintage fender amps (at least Fender isn't), but PRS is still making awesome guitars everyday.

You ask what should you do...it all depends on who you are.

I'd be all over that 20th (unless I could trade the amp for a SuperEagle instead).

Good luck...very very cool collection.
very good logic. Thanks! (those pics are only the tip of the iceberg. I might post my flickr site but don't want to seem like a bragger. Just love to see people's gear and let them see mine.)

very good logic. Thanks! (those pics are only the tip of the iceberg. I might post my flickr site but don't want to seem like a bragger. Just love to see people's gear and let them see mine.)

Love to see the rest...looks like the Travis Bean museum in some of those shots.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/62767557@N00/
since you asked.... I HATE people who are show offs. I try not to be that way, I just LOVE to see people's collections and in turn, I enjoy showing mine. It's long, but keep going. There are some very cool Velenos in there. LOTS of cool amps. EVERY photo in this flickr site was/is owned by me. It's been a long and fun ride. I wanted to experience the tone of every vintage amp. I think that my #1 favorite vintage amp is a white Fender Twin with a white reverb unit. Nothing can touch that amp and oddly enough, no one has ever cloned that amp. I always wondered why. They basically have the tone of the greatest Marshall that you could ever imagine. Dial down the volume and it cleans right up. It's the most incredible amp ever. I love white Fenders. I still have three of them. LMK what you think. Also, start your own flickr site so we can see what you have too!

Last edited:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/62767557@N00/
since you asked.... I HATE people who are show offs. I try not to be that way, I just LOVE to see people's collections and in turn, I enjoy showing mine. It's long, but keep going. There are some very cool Velenos in there. LOTS of cool amps. EVERY photo in this flickr site was/is owned by me. It's been a long and fun ride. I wanted to experience the tone of every vintage amp. I think that my #1 favorite vintage amp is a white Fender Twin with a white reverb unit. Nothing can touch that amp and oddly enough, no one has ever cloned that amp. I always wondered why. They basically have the tone of the greatest Marshall that you could ever imagine. Dial down the volume and it cleans right up. It's the most incredible amp ever. I love white Fenders. I still have three of them. LMK what you think. Also, start your own flickr site so we can see what you have too!

Dude!!!! That's just ridiculous!!! Holy Crap.

Like your collection & will take the advice of others and show your pics to my wife.
From an investment standpoint - I would keep the amp (IMHO)
From a music standpoint, I would take the guitar (IMHO)
Not sure I was of much help.:rolleyes:

Back