Need Different Pickups for PRS SE Lowery

dickandsmith

Ok so I bought the SE Lowery to replace 2 of my SE baritones I use to have about a year and half ago. Easier on the hands and wanted to change it up. But never been particually thrilled with the pickups. Sound kinda weak/clear, and not as hot/warm as I want. But I don't know what to get. I thought about the Tremonti set since everyone is using them in the SE Mushok models. But the woods on the Mushok and Lowery are somewhat different in that the Lowery is all mahogany and the Mushok has a maple neck. I play primarily heavy rock/metal with low drop tunings. Drop B to G#. Bands like RED, Breaking Benjamin, Korn, Sevendust, Nothing More, Periphery. I know Clint Lowery uses his guitar stock but its not what works for me.

Any suggestion guys? PRS pickups or Bare Knuckle or anything else?
Thanks!

I would suggest take a look at the folks at Bare Knuckle (bareknucklepickups.co.uk). They have tons of options for pickups. Browse their forum as well as they have a pretty active community who all tend to play what you do.

PRS also has those \m/ pickups as well.

Love the \m/ pickups and I play a lot of Breaking Benjamin. Ben uses stock McCarty pickups in his guitars.

If you want to try something else , I'd suggest Emg het set. It's an active but sounds like a passive. My favourite pickups of all time.

I bought a Lowery, tried a bunch of pickups in it, but IMHO it never did the low tuned stuff as well as my MM baritone, and I really wanted it to be better. It just sounded "smaller". The MM scale length and maple/ebony go a long way toward making the low tones better.

Back