Need Case For SE Santana

Chris Strobel

Hi,

Well I recently bought the new 2018 SE Santana standard, the one with the binding on the neck and body, and the zebra pickups. I bought it just to be my beater .. lay around the studio/house guitar .. but man this thing is nice! So I think it deserves a case and proper care. So I bought a PRS classic tolex case, but the case is just waaaaay too heavy for me, and the glue smell was bothersome too, so I returned it. So what other cases will fit an SE Santana? The only molded case so far I've found that specifically list PRS is the SKB waterproof case with wheels ..... but thats a little too much case (and $) for me, anyone use any of the cheaper Gator or SKB cases for their Santana? Would it fit ok in a Strat/Tele case? Thanks

Chris

+1 on the PRS gig bag. One of mine has been used so much it smells like an old ash tray (crappy bars) and is about the color of its contents...ashen grey. Not a lick of damage, ever. Plus, when you slowly unzip the case, people stop and watch to see what’s inside, like a guitar strip-tease. I unzip it really slow. :D

The SKB 1-skb case is brilliant. It will accept most standard shaped guitars. Light, sturdy, plenty of room for bits and bobs and no smell of glue.

Looks cool and at a fraction of the cost of a gator flight case (that is really sexy) but not worth the £400 price tag, unless your trying to protect a core/PS type instrument.

Happy hunting.

The SKB 1-skb case is brilliant. It will accept most standard shaped guitars. Light, sturdy, plenty of room for bits and bobs and no smell of glue.

Looks cool and at a fraction of the cost of a gator flight case (that is really sexy) but not worth the £400 price tag, unless your trying to protect a core/PS type instrument.

Happy hunting.

Ok looking at the major online retailers like Sweetwater, Zzounds, AMS, GC, etc., I can't find any SKB guitar cases called '1-SKB', there is one called 'SKB-66' is that it? Thanks

Back