Need advise.

matt3310

I ordered a Northern lights Private Stock 20th Anniv. The guitar that came in is WAY different in color than what I ordered.

Bought it from the guitar sanctuary.

Do I send it back? I'm really not happy about the color.

This is what I ordered.

NE5EWoG.jpg

This is what I received.

PAABMKj.jpg

Its still a sweet looking guitar, if it sounds killer that would be a tough one for me, but if you don't like it then return it

wow, it REALLY faded between pics and delivery!

If you really like the guitar itself, it'd be worth contacting PRS Customer Service and see if there is anything at all they can do for you.

If they can't make it happen for you, and you really hate the color, absolutely send it back.

That ain't Northern Lights... Looks like they forgot all the indigo/blue in the middle...

dealer pics are always a bit different, sometimes better sometimes not as good as in person. it does look different and only you can make the call.

I like it both ways.

let's do a bit of rational analysis,
  1. very few guitars have stains that don't fade, some fade more than others.
  2. 20th anniversary guitar was made in 2005 is that correct? 13 years of fading
  3. I think it might be well known that the purple dye that PRS uses has been noted to fade more dramatically.
  4. that particular fading is still quite spectacular, however less spectacular than it was 13 years ago.
  5. I am convinced that 1st picture looks like the original 13-year-old picture factory fresh spectacular paint job.
I had a purple hazel tremonti looked spectacular the day I received it 2010,, the guitar was left out and played every day never in direct sunlight, but in indirect sunlight and florescent lights.
I sold it in 2016, I took the pickup rings off to look at the pickups, shocking fade. even though it was still quite gorgeous.
it faded to a beautiful completely barely purple almost black-and-white looking charcoal flame with a touch of purple.
so I've definitely seen the purple being the most dramatic fades.
I guess your next question is how much more will it continue to fade as the years go by.
very interesting.
but I think it is to be expected given its age. the seller should have provided you with more current pictures.
I'm sure guitar sanctuary will do whatever you want.

Back