Need a Replacement Mira Truss Rod Cover

Hi everyone. I'm a new member and this is my first post. So forgive me for any faux pas.

A couple of years ago I bought a used 2007 PRS Mira. It is a great guitar and fun to play. Especially love the neck. It is powder blue with a white pick guard. Its pick guard and truss rod cover (TRC) have yellowed a lot. And the wrap around bridge has lost it's nickel finish and looks like raw metal. I am a stickler for keeping all my instuments in mint condition so I want to replace the pick guard/truss rod cover with a new white/black/white like the originals. I found a new bridge on the Guitar Center/Musicians Friend sites. But having a hard time finding an identical truss rod cover with the "Mira" text engraved into it. PRS tells me they no longer make them. So they emailed me the names of 2 pick guard makers that they recommended to custom make them for me. The first one I contacted said they wouldn't make a TRC with text, only a blank one. The second one I contacted would not commit to making the TRC without seeing it. I really hate the idea of pulling them off and shipping them to this company and then find out they won't make it. Has anyone had a truss rod cover made with Mira on it or know where I can have it done?

Thanks in advance
Happy to be a member.

Last edited:
Hi everyone. I'm a new member and this is my first post. So forgive me for any faux pas.

A couple of years ago I bought a used 2007 PRS Mira. It is a great guitar and fun to play. Especially love the neck. It is powder blue with a white pick guard. Its pick guard and truss rod cover (TRC) have yellowed a lot. And the wrap around bridge has lost it's nickel finish and looks like raw metal. I am a stickler for keeping all my instuments in mint condition so I want to replace the pick guard/truss rod cover with a new white/black/white like the originals. I found a new bridge on the Guitar Center/Musicians Friend sites. But having a hard time finding an identical truss rod cover with the "Mira" text engraved into it. PRS tells me they no longer make them. So they emailed me the names of 2 pick guard makers that they recommended to custom make them for me. The first one I contacted said they wouldn't make a TRC with text, only a blank one. The second one I contacted would not commit to making the TRC without seeing it. I really hate the idea of pulling them off and shipping them to this company and then find out they won't make it. Has anyone had a truss rod cover made with Mira on it or know where I can have it done?

Thanks in advance
Happy to be a member.

This guy will create and inlay whatever you want for about $40 beans.

https://www.bobscustomplates.com/

Thanks in advance
Happy to be a member.

I’m having one made of ebony with 1776 on it for my Zach Myers.

https://pin.it/1umpWaK

What caused your plastics to yellow?
I have the same Mira - Powder Blue, white plastics - everything is still white. It’s an 08, but that shouldn’t matter.
That TRC might be hard to replace. If I see one available, I will let you know.
Good luck!:)

For reference, this is the TRC Denny is looking for:

Last edited:
What caused your plastics to yellow?
I have the same Mira - Powder Blue, white plastics - everything is still white. It’s an 08, but that shouldn’t matter.
That TRC might be hard to replace. If I see one available, I will let you know.
Good luck!:)

For reference, this is the TRC Denny is looking for:
Thanks for posting the photo. New to this and I Didn't figure out how to do an
attachment. Yes that is exactly what I am looking for. An exact match to the original that came with the guitar. I bought the guitar used so I have no idea how it yellowed. But it was such a great price and it sounded so good I didn't care about it being slightly yellow (lol). Till now. It has gotten worse and worse. The former owner must have cleaned the plastic parts it with some cleaner that the plastic doesn't like.

I found a company that does a great job cutting a custom truss rod cover. Frets on the Net. The Mira truss rod cover is a match to the original. The engraving is top notch. Had one done for my PRS Mira and another one I designed for my Les Paul Jr. Which has a little magic in it. Can't say enough good things about David Wescott at Frets on the Net. So if anyone needs a custom TRC these are the people that will make a nice one for you.

I found a company that does a great job cutting a custom truss rod cover. Frets on the Net. The Mira truss rod cover is a match to the original. The engraving is top notch. Had one done for my PRS Mira and another one I designed for my Les Paul Jr. Which has a little magic in it. Can't say enough good things about David Wescott at Frets on the Net. So if anyone needs a custom TRC these are the people that will make a nice one for you.

This is great timing. I’d like a cover for my CE-22 that came back from the PTC with a locking nut, so it needs to be shorter than standard. Are these only plastic covers, or does he work in anodized aluminum as well?

Great news!

Back