Need a new wireless...

claythomas

Nothing but the best!
My Audio Technica digital wireless is starting to glitch out after 11 years of faithful no hassle service. So embarrassing and I'm too active to use a cable. I have contacted AT support but they don't really offer a solution. I have used the Shure FM model with good performance and have tried a line 6 system but it was definitely crap and unreliable. So, what are you guys using ?

I will only buy wireless units with one of two brand names on them. This is from years of use and finding them reliable. Those two names are Shure and Sennheiser. They cost a little more money but I have been on stage with guys with other units that had tons of issues and mine were working great. I have used both digital and analog units from both and never had issues. In the last band I was in I was using the Shure GLXD16 system for my electric sounds and ran a Sennheiser EW100 analog unit on my piezo pickup. They worked flawlessly. My IEM system is a Sennheiser system.

If you go looking for one of these, look for a company named Northern Light & Sound. I have purchased a lot of electronic gear from them and they had the best prices on these units. You have to sign up on their site to see the discounted prices.

Great !! I'm looking at those now. I also, can't use the new versions that look like little foldable units. Too fragile on my stages, I have seen others get snapped right off and then you have a problem.

Great !! I'm looking at those now. I also, can't use the new versions that look like little foldable units. Too fragile on my stages, I have seen others get snapped right off and then you have a problem.
I have put a lot of mileage on mine and have had them for a good while. I can in good conscience recommend them. I have seen other units fail in my area and have recommended these units to the folks that had them. I have seen more of them in use here after recommending them to people and they all have been very happy with them. For me, these units have been worth every penny I spent on them.

Better hold on to it. That one is discontinued...
I saw that. I am not sure why the discontinued it. I love that it has a tuner in it and it fits on my pedalboard. I replaced my tuner with it. They make a half rack unit that is basically the same and uses the same belt pack. I would go that route if I were looking for one these days.

On a side note, If/when I go back to gigging I will probably find a half rack somewhere or make one and just mount all of these in one unit so I can just set it down and plug in the cables. The last time I looked half rack were hard to find and half rack power conditioners were even harder to find, but not impossible. There were expensive when I found them.

I saw that. I am not sure why the discontinued it. I love that it has a tuner in it and it fits on my pedalboard. I replaced my tuner with it. They make a half rack unit that is basically the same and uses the same belt pack. I would go that route if I were looking for one these days.

On a side note, If/when I go back to gigging I will probably find a half rack somewhere or make one and just mount all of these in one unit so I can just set it down and plug in the cables. The last time I looked half rack were hard to find and half rack power conditioners were even harder to find, but not impossible. There were expensive when I found them.
Yeah, I'm trying to keep everything mounted on my pedal board. The idea of a little antennae sticking up triggers me....

Probably components?

I've been doing a lot of research on this lately and it seems like the UHF band is much less crowded these days, at least compared to the wi-fi bands. My Line 6 G50 has worked great for me, but I had to put it on RF2 mode for it to be reliable. If/when I get a new wireless, it will likely be a Shure that automatically scans for a clear channel and transmits on the UHF band.

Another G50 user here. It's been stone reliable for a lot of years. The one problem area for me has been the cable. Replace it with a Mogami and you're gold!

I've used the Shure GLX, and it never failed me. Not the cheapest one on the market, but it's worth it.

Back