Need a MT-15!

claythomas

Nothing but the best!
I've been on the list since last October.....ughhhhh! Appears that it will be late March /Early April before
the new ones get here. Anybody else waiting?

I waited months for mine. Finally arrived (yesterday). I think it was well worth the wait. I already have an Archon which I love. I didn’t need another amp. (You folks do not make it easy to resist.) My main comment is that this thing is loud! I’m not experiencing any unwanted noise (or any other issues). I just mean that I wasn’t expecting a 15 watt amp to be this loud.

I waited months for mine. Finally arrived (yesterday). I think it was well worth the wait. I already have an Archon which I love. I didn’t need another amp. (You folks do not make it easy to resist.) My main comment is that this thing is loud! I’m not experiencing any unwanted noise (or any other issues). I just mean that I wasn’t expecting a 15 watt amp to be this loud.
I’d be interested in a “compare and contrast” of the voicing of the amps. I know they’re similar, but the differences are of interest.

Me too. Honestly, I don’t mean to come off like a jerk. I don’t have the gear or the chops to post an objective comparison. Perhaps someone who does could post something. (Rather surprised it hasn’t already been done.)

Also, I haven’t used the Archon since I got the MT-15. The clean channels seem similar. I’m still trying to figure out the MT-15’s lead channel. I’m not exaggerating when I say that just a touch of the master volume can be insanely loud.

Me too. Honestly, I don’t mean to come off like a jerk. I don’t have the gear or the chops to post an objective comparison. Perhaps someone who does could post something. (Rather surprised it hasn’t already been done.)
Understand. In one of the MT demo vids, Tremonti was saying things like he turned a knob on the Archon to where he liked it, then said "now I want the MT to have that much when the knob is at noon" and they voiced accordingly. What he never said was things like "so the MT has the treble at noon that the Archon had a 3:00" or "the MT has the mids at noon that the Archon had at 10:00" or whatever. So, there is now clear explanation of how they revoiced it. Like "I wanted more treble and less mids. Or Less bass and more mids" or whatever.

I figure once you get a little time with both, you'll be able to make those type comparisons.

Back