Neck Width

AllenE

Are the thin neck widths the same on the CE-24 as the custom 24? I have been playing a Fender Strat with a soft v neck that fits nicely with my hand size. Will I find much difference in playing the PRS guitars??

Early CE24's had a unique profile that to my hands feels flatter than the wide/thin profile on the Cu24. Later ones seemed to be about the same as the Custom. The new ones are probably cut exactly the same as the Custom but I haven't played one to know. But how they match up to the Strat is a completely different question. The only way to know is to play them. Most folks think they feel great.

The CU24 has a sllightly "fatter" neck than the CE24 IMO. The lack of gloss on the back of the CE24 gives it a different feel too. Once thing I notice, and I could be mistaken, was that there felt like a difference in the scale lengths between the two as well.

Depends on the year also, my 2001 CU22 has a wider and fatter neck than my R8! I like the new profiles much better

Early CE24's had a unique profile that to my hands feels flatter than the wide/thin profile on the Cu24. Later ones seemed to be about the same as the Custom. The new ones are probably cut exactly the same as the Custom but I haven't played one to know. But how they match up to the Strat is a completely different question. The only way to know is to play them. Most folks think they feel great.
thanks so much for your post

Back