Neck reshape

Silvertree

I love the smell of a PRS case in the morning.
I have a 594 that I love but I'm all in on patter regular necks. I just called to verify the PTC isn't doing neck reshaping any more. Does anyone have a suggestion on who you would trust to do that kind of work outside of the PTC?

I am sure it will cost a significant amount and kill the resale value of the instrument but I really don't care. I love the guitar and it will be less expensive than reordering a Private Stock similarly with similar specs.

I used to want only certain neck shapes until I tried an experiment. I put all other guitars away except the one with the neck in question and I would play it every day for a month or two. You will adapt and learn to love it You may even feel like you like it more than the others after 2 months. I don’t even think about necks shapes anymore and I have wide/thin, regular, pattern vintage, Suhr custom .82 - .89 elliptical. I thought since my hands are small I had an excuse for only thinner necks until I saw Bernie Marsden in 2012 with a big les Paul neck, little hands and he was great on it.

I used to want only certain neck shapes until I tried an experiment. I put all other guitars away except the one with the neck in question and I would play it every day for a month or two. You will adapt and learn to love it You may even feel like you like it more than the others after 2 months. I don’t even think about necks shapes anymore and I have wide/thin, regular, pattern vintage, Suhr custom .82 - .89 elliptical. I thought since my hands are small I had an excuse for only thinner necks until I saw Bernie Marsden in 2012 with a big les Paul neck, little hands and he was great on it.
I can play on the other necks but I prefer pattern regular. The isn't a snap decision but something I have decided over time.

I don't have a suggestion, but if I recall the Pattern Vintage is slightly offset, a little thicker on one side than the other. Might be worth a call to PRS to make sure it can be changed to exactly what you want.

I don't have a suggestion, but if I recall the Pattern Vintage is slightly offset, a little thicker on one side than the other. Might be worth a call to PRS to make sure it can be changed to exactly what you want.
I did, Les. They used to do them all the time but have stopped, unfortunately. Too bad, it would have been an easy decision for me.

Back