Neck refinishing?

Chiliphil1

Hey, I just purchased an s2 cu24 and I really like it but I am finding that I like the pattern thin neck much more than the regular so my question is, do any of you know if PRS offers a service to reshape the neck? and if so, how much might something like that cost? I am thinking I will leave the neck bare wood too if it is reshaped, have something like a satin finish put on it like a Fender, anyone know about this?

Yep, the PTC can reshape necks, if there is enough wood there to get to the desired spec. Give the PTC a quick call for a quote.

Yep, the PTC can reshape necks, if there is enough wood there to get to the desired spec. Give the PTC a quick call for a quote.

Thank you for the reply. I just saw on the PTC site, it's $650 to do that, it may have to wait a while..... I may even just by an SE instead that way when I want a wide thin, i've got one.

Thank you for the reply. I just saw on the PTC site, it's $650 to do that, it may have to wait a while..... I may even just by an SE instead that way when I want a wide thin, i've got one.

Yeah, just get a second guitar with the desired neck, either an SE, an S2, or...keep an eye out for used cores...you can find used CEs if you,look around enough. As opposed to spending the additional 650.00

Personally I would spend the money to get the shape you want on the guitar you already have. You're gonna spend that money on another guitar and still not fully like the neck on your S2.

My 2 cents

Personally I would spend the money to get the shape you want on the guitar you already have. You're gonna spend that money on another guitar and still not fully like the neck on your S2.

My 2 cents

You do have a good point. I am almost thinking that I may leave it as is simply for the different tone that the WF will have over the WT. I don't hate this neck by any means and it's not something I can't deal with I just thought maybe if it was a couple hundred dollars I would look into it but for $650 it wouldn't be worth it, not for a $1400 guitar, if it was a core model, maybe.. If I do get another one I will make sure it's a WT then I will have both and that should add some sonic variety to the mix.

I have to be honest, after living with this guitar for a couple of days I am starting to like the wide fat, I still think I prefer the thin but I do like the wide. I also picked up an SE cu24 tonight and it also has the wide fat, funny thing is I think the SE neck is ever so slightly thinner than the s2 but either way, I am happy with this neck now, just took a bit of time to get used to.

Back