Neck Pickup Recommendations

TheRustyStarman

stupid dumb Tremonti fanboy
So I'm modding my 2020 SE Tremonti Standard, and I already have a USA Tremonti bridge pickup that I'll be using. However, I'm looking for a different nickel-covered neck pickup to cover some different sonic territory. I have a Seymour Duncan Hot-Rodded combo in my other SE, and based on the specs of the Tremonti neck, I imagine it'll sound pretty similar to the SD Jazz.

Right now I'm looking at the SD Alnico II Pro and the Slash signature, as I really like his neck tone for leads. Any other suggestions? I play mostly hard rock/metal and the occasional church service through a Line 6 POD HD500X

To stick with Duncans, I've discovered that I absolutely love the Duncan Whole Lotta Humbucker. I have it in both positions of my S2 Custom 22, and love the neck tones.

I just received my Wolfetone Dr Vintage humbucker for the neck of my Santana. I had one in a Les Paul and loved it. He's currently doing 25% off and his turn arounds for custom winds are really quick. He shipped mine out the next day. Took a week or so to get to the UK from the US.

To stick with Duncans, I've discovered that I absolutely love the Duncan Whole Lotta Humbucker. I have it in both positions of my S2 Custom 22, and love the neck tones.
I've also looked a bit into this one, I might need to look a bit deeper into it! I do like the Zeppelin sound

I just received my Wolfetone Dr Vintage humbucker for the neck of my Santana. I had one in a Les Paul and loved it. He's currently doing 25% off and his turn arounds for custom winds are really quick. He shipped mine out the next day. Took a week or so to get to the UK from the US.
How much are pickups usually from them? I might check this out too

Wolfe rocks! I have multiple sets of his pickups. Drop him a line and he'll get you exactly the sound you are after. Super nice guy and lightning fast.

Can't remember. It's all on his website. I think $130 and he has a code to take 25% off.
I'm looking at the site and it comes to about $150, but I can't find any specs for the EQ or the code for the 25%. I am interested based on the sound clips, but can't find the other details to push me over the edge. Thanks for the recommendation though!

I'm looking at the site and it comes to about $150, but I can't find any specs for the EQ or the code for the 25%. I am interested based on the sound clips, but can't find the other details to push me over the edge. Thanks for the recommendation though!

Discount code is on the homepage. Covid25.

Drop Wolfe a line and give him a shot. That was enough to make me a believer. One set quickly turned to three.. You'd be hard pressed to hear a negative word about him or his pickups.

Wolfe rocks! I have multiple sets of his pickups. Drop him a line and he'll get you exactly the sound you are after. Super nice guy and lightning fast.

Second that, have the same experience. What struck me as well is how cleanly he made them. No wax in unexpected places etc. I am a sucker for that kind of details.

Yeah. He does a great job. Customer service is great. I bought a Dr V bridge and neck a few years ago and loved the neck but wanted more from the bridge. He posted a Marshallhead from US to UK at his cost on the promise I'd swap out the Dr V and post it back later. Nobody does that. Really helped me out.

Discount code is on the homepage. Covid25.

Drop Wolfe a line and give him a shot. That was enough to make me a believer. One set quickly turned to three.. You'd be hard pressed to hear a negative word about him or his pickups.
I feel very silly for not noticing it when I checked out the site. Thanks!

I think I might go ahead and buy the Dr. Vintage with a nickel cover, the discount really pushed me over. Hopefully my paycheck will come in and allow me to make the purchase before heading into work this evening. Fingers crossed!

Update: Just put in an order for a Dr. Vintage with 4-conductor wiring and a nickel cover, the discount really took a chunk out of the price! Also ordered a bunch of PRS pots, a Switchcraft jack, and lampshade knobs from Sweetwater. I'm not sure how long the Wolfetone order will take but the Sweetwater stuff will be here next week. Hoping it all comes together soon so I can put this project together. Thanks again for the pickup recommendation!

Back