neck joint

Relax , I am not trying to upset anyone. I was just hoping that someone from PRS would answer the question. The debate on neck joints could go on forever , even luthiers don't agree. I have been building/repairing guitars for nearly twenty years and have done numerous neck resets. If a customer saw what was involved in steaming out a neck joint , it would scare them. I still believe that PRS makes the best electric guitars available today.

I'll comment on the prior post discussing the importance of new strings on the Angelus.

I have an Angelus Private Stock. I had changed the strings about 10 months ago...but I don't put a lot of wear on my strings...I rotate my guitars on a regular basis, so I probably didn't have more than 10 hours of play time on the guitar in the past 10 months. that being said...it sounded rather lifeless this weekend...so, remembering what I had read here....I changed the strings even though they didn't appear to be very worn. I used light gauge Martin Bronze strings...12 gauge for the high E.

Amazing result! The new strings brought out a clarity and depth that had been sorely missing. I can't begin to describe the difference, only to say that I now understand the importance of new strings when evaluating a guitar's tone. The difference pre-and-post stringing was so incredible I had to post my findings here. It is clear that this particular guitar responds differently to brand new strings, as opposed to "slightly worn" ones.

My only comment will be this...we all know how detail orientated Paul is with things. He and Steve apparently felt for one reason or another that this design best suited the guitars. It didn't happen by accident. It doesn't really make a difference why. Those who are worried about the issues you've stated probably won't purchase the guitar. It's Paul's guitar with his name on it, it really only has to make sense to him. He's making what he feels is the best possible instrument he can make with whatever building techniques he feels will positively affect the instrument.

Every acoustic is NOT guaranteed to need a neck reset in it's life.
Jean Larrivee said in an interview about this that of the over 2 million gutars he has sold in the past few decades way fewer than 200 have come back needing a neck reset.
He says that it's a myth that every acoustic WILL eventually need a reset.

Jean Larrivee said in an interview about this that of the over 2 million gutars he has sold in the past few decades way fewer than 200 have come back needing a neck reset.

Got to be a typo.....no one has sold "2 million guitars" in the past few decades...not even Markie or 11 top!

Got to be a typo.....no one has sold "2 million guitars" in the past few decades...not even Markie or 11 top!

You mean you don't believe Jean Larrivee sold an average of 136.98 guitars every day for 40 years? volume, baby, volume!

Back