Neck heavy solution?

You'd think a bunch of doctors, dentists and lawyers (plus an ex-lawyer) would do better really.

Anyway may I be so bold as to suggest you ignore Les' helium advice as it's stupid - or more accurately dangerous - just ask Larry (Lawchair larry). Lawnchair_Larry_flight

As I know we've failed you so far I'd like to help. What I think you really need is some bean poles - preferably some flamed maple ones - then you can make a little tripod thing and support the neck that way plus keep the PRS flamed maple vibe going.

If that cramps your stage act style, no problem. While you're in the garden centre getting the bean poles you can also get a little wheelbarrow. Then all you need to do is set up standing in the said wheelbarrow and get your roadie to push you around as needed.

Job's a good 'un as we say in England.

Gald to have helped too

If you don’t need all that extra neck…

strapbutton.jpg

If its an issue while standing, you could add weight to the back/bottom side of the guitar strap. You dont have to modify the guitar at all.

I have a 2018 PRS SE Santana that too neck heavy for my taste. (bought used online) The man who set it up told me that replacing the tuners might help. It makes sense. Then I started asking Google. There was a solution put forward for the Gibson SG where a button was placed on the heel.
Has anyone done this on a SG or PRS? Did it work?
Thanks... Doug

Hi Doug - I hope you sort out your problem. My earlier (idiot) post about bean poles and wheel barrows was meant in fun.

As a sensible suggestion I've just recalled I had a Heistercamp strap that was what I'd call (if I had to try and describe it) as very "shoulder grippy", so I wonder if something like that might possibly help.

Looking at my order I had a Stannon Tor but with a suede lining - I think it's the strap lining that makes the difference.

My dog chewed it, so hence using past tense to describe the strap...

Hesitercamp's website - HERE. I'm sure if you email them they'll confirm re linings and grip.

Best wishes
CW

Hi Doug - I hope you sort out your problem. My earlier (idiot) post about bean poles and wheel barrows was meant in fun.

As a sensible suggestion I've just recalled I had a Heistercamp strap that was what I'd call (if I had to try and describe it) as very "shoulder grippy", so I wonder if something like that might possibly help.

Looking at my order I had a Stannon Tor but with a suede lining - I think it's the strap lining that makes the difference.

My dog chewed it, so hence using past tense to describe the strap...

Hesitercamp's website - HERE. I'm sure if you email them they'll confirm re linings and grip.

Best wishes
CW
I love my Heistercamp straps, though I generally get the smooth leather, because I don't need the extra grip.

I have a spare brown leather PRS strap with a sueded back and birds, if you decide to go that route. Happy to send it to you at no cost, if you pay shipping.

I hate seeing a person suffer over a small thing.

Thanks CW! Hey, we're all having fun! I might try the Tor strap.

Thanks for the offer LSchefman! I have a brown PRS strap with suede on it. Also have 6oz fishing weights on the end thru the hole in the strap. Seems OK. Going to try 9oz weights

Thanks,
Doug

Back