Neck design.

Depends on the guitar. They do both, although I'm not sure if the set neck is technically a dove tail.

Well, since this is in the acoustic guitar forum, I have to assume the question is about acoustics. I've never seen a bolt-on acoustic from PRS, but would be happy to be corrected.

AFAIK, their necks are a standard set-neck glue-in, there's no evidence of dove-tail that I have ever seen.

Well, since this is in the acoustic guitar forum, I have to assume the question is about acoustics. I've never seen a bolt-on acoustic from PRS, but would be happy to be corrected.

AFAIK, their necks are a standard set-neck glue-in, there's no evidence of dove-tail that I have ever seen.

Yes, I was asking about the acoustic. I does seem that they are glued in. I was just wondering if they were bolt in like the Taylor system which is not glued. Of all the designs, I put Taylor at the top of my list.

Yes, I was asking about the acoustic. I does seem that they are glued in. I was just wondering if they were bolt in like the Taylor system which is not glued. Of all the designs, I put Taylor at the top of my list.

Taylor came up with that design and I don't know if anyone else does it.

Taylor came up with that design and I don't know if anyone else does it.

While the Taylor system is not traditional, that okay. It works and solves a problem. The neck is replaceable and CNC machining makes it possible. Nothing wrong with set necks either for those who care for their guitar. I was jus wondering. I really like what PRS is doing. I have started to take on a real dislike for the Mega monster guitar companies who are buying up everything in sight. The PRS A60E Ziricote is at the top of my list. I like Martin and Taylor also but I feel the PRS is the best value. I like the Taylor neck attachment design but it's not enough to put in first place.

While the Taylor system is not traditional, that okay. It works and solves a problem. The neck is replaceable and CNC machining makes it possible. Nothing wrong with set necks either for those who care for their guitar. I was jus wondering. I really like what PRS is doing. I have started to take on a real dislike for the Mega monster guitar companies who are buying up everything in sight. The PRS A60E Ziricote is at the top of my list. I like Martin and Taylor also but I feel the PRS is the best value. I like the Taylor neck attachment design but it's not enough to put in first place.

If I was going China and best Value to quality Eastman wins for me and competes with Taylor or Martin on all levels. Handcrafted says it al.

If I was going China and best Value to quality Eastman wins for me and competes with Taylor or Martin on all levels. Handcrafted says it al.
I agree, I like the Eastman guitars also. As for the PRS, I just kind of got fixated on the Ziricote. I have a feeling they could both be coming out of a Cort factory in Korea or China. I understand that a 500 - 1000 dollar guitar no matter what brand is not going to be built in the USA. I know Tayor builds in Mexico. Labor costs are what they are and not everyone can own a US made guitar that costs 2000 plus.

I agree, I like the Eastman guitars also. As for the PRS, I just kind of got fixated on the Ziricote. I have a feeling they could both be coming out of a Cort factory in Korea or China. I understand that a 500 - 1000 dollar guitar no matter what brand is not going to be built in the USA. I know Tayor builds in Mexico. Labor costs are what they are and not everyone can own a US made guitar that costs 2000 plus.

Eastman is hand made in its own factory, an entirely different animal than we are used to when it comes to China. I agree, I don't even look at Taylor until the 300 series, the entry for USA made, and then I'd still probably grab an Eastman for the money just higher up in the series.

I get it on wanting a certain wood, I had to have my Adirondack Eastman once I was fixated on it.

It's their version of a dovetail...

393452924.jpg

Revisiting this, I didn't realize it was in the acoustic forum. So set neck it is.

Back