Neck cleaning question

I second the notion of NEVER using steel wool. I use a product called Gorgomyte. I swear by it. It will clean and condition ANY fingerboard AND polishes the frets too. I used nothing else. Check out their website. NOTE... I do NOT work for them. I'm a customer and love this stuff.

http://www.gorgomyte.com/

I just ordered some of these. Thanks for the tip!

Why not get the PRS cleaning kit they sell? I'm assuming it comes with whatever PRS uses in house...

I got the impression that the polish for the body is not to be used on the fretboard. Their instructions say to seal with high quality furniture polish. Of course I could easily be mistaken, I'm not the brightest bulb on the old Christmas tree...

All that said, I did get one of their care kits too.

This where we get our Pledge...Walmart. I had no idea it was so hard to find in certain areas of the country.

If that's what I wanted to use, try buying it on line or go directly to the company. They usually will sell it to you by the case for less then the stores charge.

Pledge isn't hard to find. It was Behold I couldn't find.

I got the impression that the polish for the body is not to be used on the fretboard. Their instructions say to seal with high quality furniture polish. Of course I could easily be mistaken, I'm not the brightest bulb on the old Christmas tree...

Polish for the body is indeed not for the fretboard.

The care kit comes with fret board conditioner. Is that not adequate for cleaning a PRS fretboard?

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...4majAHvOYAdv5D7hT2nusG1X17SIGu1mDsaAkLP8P8HAQ

+1 on NEVER using 0000 steel wool - but IMHO, the 3M synthetic "steel" wool is actually fine to use on rosewood and ebony as its softer, and it's also non-magnetic, so no need to worry about filings getting on your pickups.

Back