Neck carves

Chip Burns

I own 3 PRS guitars, all purchased used from Reverb. 2 of the 3 have comfortable necks but the third is not comfortable. Is there a way to get the serial #'s to Shawn and ask if he can research the neck carves?

Yes. I just messaged customer service a few days ago and got the low down on my newest purchase since it didn't come with the case candy. ( [email protected] ).

The got back to me that day (within a couple of hours) with what the original specs were supposed to be.

OR you can remove the pickup and inside the cavity is the MODCAT that will tell you all you need.
And if you tell us the models I bet its pretty easy to figure out which carve is on which.
Pics or your three guitars are Epiphone , hollow kitty and Squire

I own 3 PRS guitars, all purchased used from Reverb. 2 of the 3 have comfortable necks but the third is not comfortable. Is there a way to get the serial #'s to Shawn and ask if he can research the neck carves?
The Modcat which Rider refers to is an alpha numeric sticker, usually under the bridge pick up. It is also on a sticker on the outside edge of the case. On the side, either the head stock end or the bottom end. Enter that number on this site, and you'll get all of the details (unless it was a special order).

http://www.toragraphics.com/modcat/

A sample:

PRS MODCAT DECODER
Enter MODCAT:

Model: 408 Signature Limited
Top Wood: Maple
Frets: 22
Top Spec: Figured Maple
Top Grade: Artist
Neck Wood: Mahogany
Neck Carve: Pattern (Wide/Fat)
Fingerboard Wood: East Indian Rosewood