Neck Angle on DGT and CU24

Super

I have a DGT and a CU24.

I am noticing that on the CU24 the string height at the 12th fret is 4/64ths and at the last frets is about the 5/64ths.
But on my DGT is 4/64ths at the 12th fret and 6/64ths at the last frets.

This means that on the DGT the string height becomes increasingly high as you go up the frets towards the last frets.
This makes a big difference in how the string height "feels" on the higher register mainly 12th fret and up on the DGT vs the CU24. Making the CU24 easier to play higher up.

I have tried increasing the tension of the rear springs to bring the tremolo lower and have left both trems on both guitars per PRS specs allowing the pitch to go no further than F# on the E string. Neck is straight with a "paper" thin relief.
If I lower the action at the saddle one fraction more then I have unbearable buzz.
So I have hit a wall at setting this DGT up for best playability vs my super comfy CU24.

Is there any way to get the string height any lower at the higher frets on my DGT or I have hit a wall due to the "neck angle" the DGT?
Are all DGTs or 22 fret guitars having the same neck angle and moreover is the neck angle different on 22 vs 24 fret PRS?

Might just be this DGT only. Don't know. So I am asking those in the "Know"

thanks for any "useful" suggestion or comment.

Peace

You can always check the height of the strings coming out of the nut. If you use the 14th fret measurement as a constant, lowering or raising the string height at the nut can have the effect you're talking about. Think of the string as a seesaw with the 14th fret being a fulcrum and the fretboard being the ground.

You can always check the height of the strings coming out of the nut. If you use the 14th fret measurement as a constant, lowering or raising the string height at the nut can have the effect you're talking about. Think of the string as a seesaw with the 14th fret being a fulcrum and the fretboard being the ground.

Good suggestion.

I would have to raise the height at the nut then. But since height at the nut is actually pretty good and set at factory I never considered it. I also never considered it because I am trying to get the lowest possible action from 1st fret to last fret and increasing height at the nut will increase action on the first frets.

This will mean super glue or new nut and filing to adjust height.. what a pain lol...

Might be the solution to get even action.. but what about neck angle.. I know I can't do anything about that.. but is it different on 24 frets vs 22 PRS guitars?

no one else has an opinion on the neck angle on 22 vs 24 fret PRS and how to get the height more even at the higher frets?

There should be a tech area for the forum.

the neck angle should be different 'cause the stoptail is built 1-2mm higher than the trem bridge.
(measured at the bridge string to top.)

the neck angle should be different 'cause the stoptail is built 1-2mm higher than the trem bridge.
(measured at the bridge string to top.)

I suspected this.. I am not alone in this world LOL... :rolleyes:

Back