NDG (No PRS Content)...And Maybe Some News

Same:
20220517-224735-resized.jpg

...and I definitely don't want to lug around a bigger one!
15 years ago, only God had two Zendrives on his pedal board!

We're all different - heck, the Pettyjohn stuff might not float your boat, though I like it.

My son is doing a pretty big show in Chicago next week, and built a small fly-board for the gig: Polytune, KTR, Pettydrive 2, H9, and Chase Bliss Mood. So, a pretty nice variety, and some of my favorite pedals! I guess he and I have similar tastes, which in a way surprised me.

Except the Fender thing.

Hey, you did your best!;)

I think PRS might be a bit late to the game on this particular issue. The pedal market is SATURATED right now. Plus, the Axe, Helix, Quad users are often ditching pedals completely. Modeling is going to do nothing but keep gaining a larger foothold on the overall market.

Wait...you don't have a guitar tech/roadie?? You're the only one here without one. Thoughts and prayers, man, ;)
Yep. Old guy here.

Two saxes, guitar, amp, pedalboard, stands for guitar and horns, bag of cords, power strip, music etc. back and forth to every practice (no dedicated practice space, so we rent by the hour) and gig...:rolleyes:

I started with this band only playing soprano (sax) which is small and weighs nothing...ah, the good old days (worlds tiniest violin playing mournfully in background...)

If only it wasn't so much fun!

Since I've cooled my heels on buying guitars (for now anyway) and focusing the future on a new tube amp and pedals this comes as a timely surprise. No idea when my Hotcake will get here but just my luck will be Paul has a cloned version coming haha.

Wait...you don't have a guitar tech/roadie?? You're the only one here without one. Thoughts and prayers, man, ;)

My last roadie was two decades older than me - if he was still around, the job would probably finish him off :oops:

After a couple of days on the road, we'd be thinking about having him put down - strictly out of kindness, you understand. It puts me in mind of "Rawlinson End" By Vivian Stanshall:

"What a kind man he’d been. She remembered the time Mr Cumberpatch had fallen badly in the orchard and broken his leg. Why Henry fairly raced back to the house for his pistol. He couldn’t bear to see even the lowliest of creatures in pain."

There's a force far stronger than welding keeping those pedals in place: Laziness.

I don't even change strings on my guitars unless forced to do so at gunpoint, there's no WAY I'm redoing a pedalboard!

"Seriously, people pull out a gun and threaten to pull the trigger unless you change guitar strings?"

"No, first I send myself a death threat. But that almost never works, so that's when I pull out my own gun, hold it to my head, and say, "A string change or your life! Then I repeat the threat: "Hey pal, I said, a string change or your life!!!"

"Don't rush me!! I'm trying to decide!!"
Les the last couple of paragraphs of the post made me really uncomfy. Grey area here for some peoples lives...hope you are kidding!

Back