NDG (No PRS Content)...And Maybe Some News

I remember talking to a few guys down there a couple years ago about duo pedals...
OD / Delay,
Dist. / Delay,
OD / Boost
Chorus /Flange, etc...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Some of the Echoplex pedals kinda do the first one. I have the regular Belle Epoch, and just got a used Deluxe version.

Definitely give a bump to the signal.

Ok, in a rare serious moment:

I have no issue at all if PRS decides to do this, but boy oh boy... that is some tough sledding. I used to live on the pedal-go-round, and thought there was a lot of brands/pedals then. That was over 10 years ago. It has exploded since then. I'm to the point with pedals, that I mainly look at my known great pedal brands, like Barber and Fulltone, ( have 3 TC Electronics pedals on the board as well, and other brands that I've owned for a while) and then only look outside of that for a few other pedals if I hear great demos of something I need. But I rarely buy new pedals these days.

I've heard great demos of many models of some pedals, but haven't ever bought one because I feel I don't need a fantastic reverb pedal that costs $350 because I already have a really good one. And I don't experiment with pedals as much as I used too because I mainly use amp gain, so pedals mainly for flavor or solos, and MUCH of my time is playing on a modeler. The old pedal every few weeks flipping action is long gone. It was a hard habit to break. I had to block Pete Thorn's YouTube channel! (Ok, that was a joke, and would be foolish!) Also, there are some newer "premium brand" pedals (like the PettyJohn stuff Les is so fond of) that I simply haven't tried because they are expensive pedals made since when I was using them as drive channels with a clean amp, but now that I mainly use amp gain and pedals for solos or a different flavor, that last tiny bit of transparency isn't important into an amp with some gain, as it is into a cleaner platform. And again, I'm not using that pedal as my base tone.

So it would depend on what PRS decided to put out, how great it was, and what it costs. A STAPLE in that industry (Fulltone) recently closed his CA facility, and said that building pedals in the US was no longer a sustainable business model. I find that a disturbing thought, and hope that maybe that only applies to the inflated cost of living in CA. I also know PRS has the ears, and design talents to do it and do it well, but the margins are slim and the field VERY crowded. I'd think that without some killer videos by someone like Pete, that break it big at someplace like TGP, their initial market would be mainly to "us" and unless one or two models got big outside the PRS "community" it might be a tough market.

But what do I know? IF they do it, I certainly wish them success and just because of who they are and how they do everything else, I'll be expecting great pedals, and very interested in checking out what they do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, there are some newer "premium brand" pedals (like the PettyJohn stuff Les is so fond of) that I simply haven't tried because expensive pedals made since when I was using them as drive channels with a clean amp, but not that I mainly use amp gain and pedals for solos or a different flavor, that last tiny bit of transparency isn't important into an amp with some gain, as it is into a cleaner platform.
We're all different - heck, the Pettyjohn stuff might not float your boat, though I like it.

My son is doing a pretty big show in Chicago next week, and built a small fly-board for the gig: Polytune, KTR, Pettydrive 2, H9, and Chase Bliss Mood. So, a pretty nice variety, and some of my favorite pedals! I guess he and I have similar tastes, which in a way surprised me.

Except the Fender thing.

Last edited:
Ok, in a rare serious moment:

I have no issue at all if PRS decides to do this, but boy oh boy... that is some tough sledding. I used to live on the pedal-go-round, and thought there was a lot of brands/pedals then. That was over 10 years ago. It has exploded since then. I'm to the point with pedals, that I mainly look at my known great pedal brands, like Barber and Fulltone, ( have 3 TC Electronics pedals on the board as well, and other brands that I've owned for a while) and then only look outside of that for a few other pedals if I hear great demos of something I need. But I rarely buy new pedals these days.

I've heard great demos of many models of some pedals, but haven't ever bought one because I feel I don't need a fantastic reverb pedal that costs $350 because I already have a really good one. And I don't experiment with pedals as much as I used too because I mainly use amp gain, so pedals mainly for flavor or solos, and MUCH of my time is playing on a modeler. The old pedal every few weeks flipping action is long gone. It was a hard habit to break. I had to block Pete Thorn's YouTube channel! (Ok, that was a joke, and would be foolish!) Also, there are some newer "premium brand" pedals (like the PettyJohn stuff Les is so fond of) that I simply haven't tried because they are expensive pedals made since when I was using them as drive channels with a clean amp, but now that I mainly use amp gain and pedals for solos or a different flavor, that last tiny bit of transparency isn't important into an amp with some gain, as it is into a cleaner platform. And again, I'm not using that pedal as my base tone.

So it would depend on what PRS decided to put out, how great it was, and what it costs. A STAPLE in that industry (Fulltone) recently closed his CA facility, and said that building pedals in the US was no longer a sustainable business model. I find that a disturbing thought, and hope that maybe that only applies to the inflated cost of living in CA. I also know PRS has the ears, and design talents to do it and do it well, but the margins are slim and the field VERY crowded. I'd think that without some killer videos by someone like Pete, that break it big at someplace like TGP, their initial market would be mainly to "us" and unless one or two models got big outside the PRS "community" it might be a tough market.

But what do I know? IF they do it, I certainly wish them success and just because of who they are and how they do everything else, I'll be expecting great pedals, and very interested in checking out what they do.
I’m with you on this… What could PRS possibly do that hasn’t already been done? The “boutique” pedal market was once something special - now everything is just a copy of a copy. Kinda like the craft beer industry. There’s so many craft brewers, and so many good ones, that it’s hard to distinguish one from the next. I’m as much a PRS fan as the rest of you, but I’m not sure about this move. Other than the bling factor of a PRS pedal, not sure what they could bring to the table. Maybe I’m just jaded because I build pedals. When you see how little originality is in modern pedals (other than they all sound great), all they could possibly do to deliver something original is to go digital. There’s only so many ways you can run electrons through transistors, opamps and diodes.

I’m with you on this… What could PRS possibly do that hasn’t already been done? The “boutique” pedal market was once something special - now everything is just a copy of a copy. Kinda like the craft beer industry. There’s so many craft brewers, and so many good ones, that it’s hard to distinguish one from the next. I’m as much a PRS fan as the rest of you, but I’m not sure about this move. Other than the bling factor of a PRS pedal, not sure what they could bring to the table. Maybe I’m just jaded because I build pedals. When you see how little originality is in modern pedals (other than they all sound great), all they could possibly do to deliver something original is to go digital. There’s only so many ways you can run electrons through transistors, opamps and diodes.
Well I was gonna say a fart pedal but somebody already did that. So, never mind.:)

If only you hadn't welded those pedals in place...
There's a force far stronger than welding keeping those pedals in place: Laziness.

I don't even change strings on my guitars unless forced to do so at gunpoint, there's no WAY I'm redoing a pedalboard!

"Seriously, people pull out a gun and threaten to pull the trigger unless you change guitar strings?"

"No, first I send myself a death threat. But that almost never works, so that's when I pull out my own gun, hold it to my head, and say, "A string change or your life! Then I repeat the threat: "Hey pal, I said, a string change or your life!!!"

"Don't rush me!! I'm trying to decide!!"

I have no room on my pedalboard.

Thank goodness. :)
Same:
20220517-224735-resized.jpg

...and I definitely don't want to lug around a bigger one!

Back