NCGD...New Color...Purple Iris

Tosca

Zombie 10, DFZ
Really digging this new Purple Iris color...as seen on this 10 top (really just a 10?) SC 594 from Brian’s. The purple is so subtle and classy on these, really brings out the wood grain nicely.

A9eBwGu.jpg

0Va0WpR.jpg

vEqL2W5.jpg

h2FgmDc.jpg

5fydHiR.jpg

I’m told it is hard to photograph and looks even nicer in person. I will let you know in a couple days...;)

Ah that one didn't last long! Very curious to hear how nice the color is in person.

DAMN!
Great color on that one and the whole guitar just looks complete. Everything just fits and compliments each other.

Sweet. A nice and classy purple. Brian’s guitars is an awesome shop. I’m so happy with my S2 nitro that I got there

Last edited:
I wouldn't at all have disagreed if they'd called that color "purple charcoal." Seems to embody the really cool natural-charcoal properties of PRS's regular "charcoal" finish, including the medium-brown back & sides. Very nice!!!

Congrats, nice color and natural backs are a win in my book.

Wonder how close this is to imperial purple they did on the 509 GOTM run a few years back?

I've seen that color and it is truly excellent, my favorite of any purples they've done yet. The extra bonus is they don't hide all the stunning mahogany sides and back with black paint. When I shell out major bucks for top guitars I like to see the quality of wood I'm paying for. It's an old trick that builders often hide less attractive grain under solid or opaque finishes. Enjoy! If I could justify yet another guitar right now I'd be hunting that finish.

Back