NCD. Finally located one! (Mesa/Boogie content)

That looks awesome! But, what we really want to know is how many of those figurines did you rattle to pieces?
Ha! I did have to turn down, it was shaking the glass pretty badly! Those archtop pickups in the HB produced a huge low end when I plugged it in following the Narrowfields. I would not be on the wife’s good list if I trashed her beloved Lladros!

Thunderous cleans, and put the Ryra Klone in front… very sweet.

cw1ydjQ.jpg
Wow! Seems to make those little angles want to sing.

PRS related, as far as what will be feeding it!

I, some time ago, purchased a California Tweed head and 1x12" cab. Love it. It makes more volume than I need, but ever since I saw a picture of a Boogie mini-stack back in the late 70s, early 80s I've wanted to build one with two 1x12 cabs. No other reason than I think they look cool and I've never gotten around to doing it.

I really do love the sound of the original 100 watt Jensen Blackbird speaker in the Cali Tweed cabs, but it was quickly cut down to a 40 watter in later iterations. I found exactly one like I wanted since I started looking, and it wasn't local... no shipping. The speaker alone can go for nearly $400, so I was happy when a customer at Dave's Guitar in Madison tipped me off to a trade in there. And just like that, it's on the way. And it was under $400, with cover, shipped... I'm stoked!

Whole stack picture to follow on arrival!

Qd2njRJ.jpg

Glad I could help.

Back