NBD- The Journey to the Bottom continues...

Dancing Frog

Senior 513 Whore
So, I've been learning bass since June, and things have been progressing rather rapidly. I've always been interested in the Grainger, because it's rumored that its pick ups are the progenitors for the 513 and the 509 pick ups. Well, I had originally gotten a production Grainger 5. It's a good bass, but my research was showing the Private Stock Grainger was substantially different, a maple capped swamp ash body and a maple neck with an ebony fretboard for one. That kind of made me a little piqued in both ways that one can be, and I was also curious as to whether the preamp on the Private Stock Grainger would fight with the variable impedance input on the Axe-FX III and the AX8 like the production one. So, I went out and got one. It's a phenomenal instrument, and it fights with the Fractal Audio products just like the other one does which puts my mind at ease. Disturbingly, it's kind of put into my head the idea of getting a Private Stock 509 with the same woods and finish some day. So, here are the snaps. The @#%$ thing looks good in any light, and it plays even better than that.
Bass%2BFront.jpg
Bass%2BLeft%2BAngle.jpg
Bass%2BRight%2BAngle.jpg
Bass%2BClose%2BBack.jpg
Bass%2BBack.jpg
Bass%2BHeadstock.jpg
IMG_2275.JPG
IMG_2283.JPG
IMG_2286.JPG
IMG_2301.JPG
IMG_2302.JPG
IMG_2304.JPG
IMG_2321.JPG

Last edited:
Wow, nice :) I have never seen a PRS bass anywhere here in the UK and I have always wondered how well they play?

So, I've been learning bass since June, and things have been progressing rather rapidly. I've always been interested in the Grainger, because it's rumored that its pick ups are the progenitors for the 513 and the 509 pick ups. Well, I had originally gotten a production Grainger 5. It's a good bass, but my research was showing the Private Stock Grainger was substantially different, a maple capped swamp ash body and a maple neck with an ebony fretboard for one. That kind of made me a little piqued in both ways that one can be, and I was also curious as to whether the preamp on the Private Stock Grainger would fight with the variable impedance input on the Axe-FX III and the AX8 like the production one. So, I went out and got one. It's a phenomenal instrument, and it fights with the Fractal Audio products just like the other one does which puts my mind at ease. Disturbingly, it's kind of put into my head the idea of getting a Private Stock 509 with the same woods and finish some day. So, here are the snaps. The @#%$ thing looks good in any light, and it plays even better than that.
Bass%2BFront.jpg
Bass%2BLeft%2BAngle.jpg
Bass%2BRight%2BAngle.jpg
Bass%2BClose%2BBack.jpg
Bass%2BBack.jpg
Bass%2BHeadstock.jpg
IMG_2275.JPG
IMG_2283.JPG
IMG_2286.JPG
IMG_2301.JPG
IMG_2302.JPG
IMG_2304.JPG
IMG_2321.JPG

Love the bass!!! Beautiful... That Axe FX III is almost as beautiful! I know I love mine!

That might just be the most killer bass I've ever seen.., does it make you want to funk!? We want the funk, gotta have that funk!

Sorry I had to do it. What the groove got me, what was I supposed to do! The groove got me:cool:

Last edited:
Back