NBD!! a 38 year dream come true

Greywolf

Luthier and Sound Sensei
I've been a Bass player for 40 years. Back when I was a lad of 30, a fellow engineer had a brother whose girlfriend ( now wife ) worked for Alembic, he found out I built, so Mica sent me one of there cool adjustable brass nuts, and a demo bass to play .. Best bass I've ever played. She said I could have it at cost, but we were newleyweds and couldn't swing it. They have remained a paradigm in my bass building and I've always dreamed of owning one. I finally lucked on one I could afford , a 1985 Persuader,like Stanley Clarke's it's a 32" scale which is fine for me , I have 3 standard length.
ctmkglzslitj06coxosa.jpg
sweet and complete

nqpd6zzuubhzojndv9u2.jpg

Last edited:
I've been a Bass plyer for 40 years. Back when I was a lad of 30, a fellow engineer had a brother whose girlfriend ( now wife ) worked for Alembic, he found out I built, so Mica sent me one of there cool adjustable brass nuts, and a demo bass to play .. Best bass I've ever played. She said I could have it at cost, but we were newleyweds and couldn't swing it. They have remained a paradigm in my bass building and I've always dreamed of owning one. I finally lucked on one I could afford , a 1985 Persuader,like Stanley Clarke's it's a 32" scale which is fine for me , I have 3 standard length.
ctmkglzslitj06coxosa.jpg
sweet and complete

nqpd6zzuubhzojndv9u2.jpg
Totally bad a$$!
From one bass player to another...very very nice.
Nowadays I only have just one bass, an el cheapo import Samick 4 string fretless.
It's enough to keep me interested though when I get the urge.

I've been a Bass plyer for 40 years. Back when I was a lad of 30, a fellow engineer had a brother whose girlfriend ( now wife ) worked for Alembic, he found out I built, so Mica sent me one of there cool adjustable brass nuts, and a demo bass to play .. Best bass I've ever played. She said I could have it at cost, but we were newleyweds and couldn't swing it. They have remained a paradigm in my bass building and I've always dreamed of owning one. I finally lucked on one I could afford , a 1985 Persuader,like Stanley Clarke's it's a 32" scale which is fine for me , I have 3 standard length.
ctmkglzslitj06coxosa.jpg
sweet and complete

nqpd6zzuubhzojndv9u2.jpg
Cool story, nice bass!!

While I have my Mesa 800 W head and 2x15 , it's in the upstairs electric studio, and I wanted something in the pickin parlor downstairs.
Aha! I remembered my old original Sovtek Mig50 head , I plugged into the Bergantino 2x12 with a horn ... MAGIC . The Sovtek is essentially a old Bassman that Tony Bruno hot rodded to 50w .

here's another clip of my model

Last edited:
The Spoiler/Persuader (just pickup differences) from what I've read on the Alembic forum seem to be long term keepers. I know mine will be passed on to my son . I've always wanted a Irwin style Tribute ( like Tiger) but have never seen one at anything approaching reasonable , I've built a few for that reason , same with the basses . It will be interesting to see how close I got ..

Back