Natural Curly Maple Fetish

danktat

Award winning tattoo artist ... Amateur guitarist
My tendency to choose guitars with curly maple and a natural finish is looking like it is bordering on fetishism....lol.

Needed a better acoustic upgrade for a couple of upcoming projects so I picked up that Washburn that is flipped backwards. Then I realized the back and sides are as good a maple as most tops. So I put my nattys together side by side. Crappy cell phone shot doesn't give a true idea as to the depth on these fiddles, but you get the idea........I may have a problem. :D

56737292_10161608040110331_6280568601502023680_n.jpg

Beautiful family you got there!
I’m also a sucker for a natural finish.been looking for a PRS Custom 24 with a natural flame/quilt maple & gold hardware for some time now...

Beautiful family you got there!
I’m also a sucker for a natural finish.been looking for a PRS Custom 24 with a natural flame/quilt maple & gold hardware for some time now...
S**T! I just noticed that all of them have gold (or hybrid) hardware as well!

My tendency to choose guitars with curly maple and a natural finish is looking like it is bordering on fetishism....lol.

Needed a better acoustic upgrade for a couple of upcoming projects so I picked up that Washburn that is flipped backwards. Then I realized the back and sides are as good a maple as most tops. So I put my nattys together side by side. Crappy cell phone shot doesn't give a true idea as to the depth on these fiddles, but you get the idea........I may have a problem. :D

56737292_10161608040110331_6280568601502023680_n.jpg

Its not that different from my 'family' of guitars - 4 Fire Burst Red PRS guitars (594, 509, Cu24, HBii) and a Wine Red Washburn acoustic...

I wouldn't necessarily call it a 'fetish', more a case of knowing exactly what colours you like and fortunately, PRS makes Guitars in that colour scheme for us...

What's wrong with that Fatboy, that it's stuck inside?!?!?

Oh she isn't "stuck". I just don't have a garage so she resides indoors. :) Hell....I know guys who ride theirs into their kitchens.....lol

Oh, and she is a Heritage ;)

Ha, I dig it!! Mine has her own garage, and I won't let anyone else park in her bedroom.

I saw the rear lights and bags and thought Heritage Softtail, but the freight train light, two up seat, front fender, instrument cluster/leather made me think Fatboy.

Ha, I dig it!! Mine has her own garage, and I won't let anyone else park in her bedroom.

I saw the rear lights and bags and thought Heritage Softtail, but the freight train light, two up seat, front fender, instrument cluster/leather made me think Fatboy.
That is because she is a 1992! I buy my bikes like I buy most of my fiddles....USED but in EXCELLENT condition. She only has 11,600 miles on her. And I put a couple of those on her since a couple of years ago when I got her.

That is because she is a 1992! I buy my bikes like I buy most of my fiddles....USED but in EXCELLENT condition. She only has 11,600 miles on her. And I put a couple of those on her since a couple of years ago when I got her.

Ok, part of that is good, part is bad, IMHO.

I dig the used bike thing, and doing all the work. But that 11,600 is sad!! There have been periods when I almost put that on one of my bikes in a YEAR! You gotta go get out in the wind more man!!

Hey you know I’m down with the natural thing. Stick with it. Although your other PRS is cute as a button too!

Ok, part of that is good, part is bad, IMHO.

I dig the used bike thing, and doing all the work. But that 11,600 is sad!! There have been periods when I almost put that on one of my bikes in a YEAR! You gotta go get out in the wind more man!!
lol....I only picked up that bike a couple of years ago. There were 9000 on it when I got it :D

Once again, I stand corrected. In that case you got a hella deal, congrats to you Sir!!
Valve seals could be done as they must've gotten a little brittle from sitting so much....getting a little smoke out of my exhaust. But, I keep an eye on the oil and just ride it as of now....lol....I'm sure I will get around to it....one day :-D

Back