NAMM

This is an altogether angrier looking piece of wood -- which under the circumstances, seems fitting!!

So, I had left this wood with the vendor at their request so that they could show it off at the show, and when I went back to get it, they had sold it to someone else (even though the tag was marked sold). They said it was an accident, and to say I was not happy is an understatement. However, they did offer this to me as a replacement, so it is now in the works.

/QUOTE]

This is an altogether angrier looking piece of wood -- which under the circumstances, seems fitting!!

Totally agree!!!

The first one reminds me of this...

6zBfzY0.jpg

And the second looks more like this!!!

a1gvMsm.jpg

And I imagine Steve’s reaction to them selling the first top was something like this!!!

QRXyO2W.jpg

Last edited:
On behalf of all kilt wearers:

It's not a skirt, it's a kilt!!!!!!

(shouted in a very angry-Scot accent!)

Here ya go, losers, according to Webster’s dictionary...yeah, it’s a skirt:

kilt
noun

\ ˈkilt \
Definition of kilt
(Entry 1 of 2)

1: a knee-length pleated skirt usually of tartan worn by men in Scotland and by Scottish regiments in the British armies
2: a garment that resembles a Scottish kilt

It’s unbelievably annoying when I’m right, isn’t it? ;)

Last edited:

kilt
noun

\ ˈkilt \
Definition of kilt
(Entry 1 of 2)

1: a knee-length pleated skirt usually of tartan worn by men in Scotland and by Scottish regiments in the British armies

“You tak the high road and I’ll tak the low road and I’ll be in Scotland afore ye!”;)

kilt
noun

\ ˈkilt \
Definition of kilt
(Entry 1 of 2)

Hmm, I shall avoid calling the kettle black on such issues, since I am not exactly annoyance-free.

The more amusing element to that definition, IMHO, is the circular definition that basically says "a kilt is something that looks like a kilt".

Hmm, I shall avoid calling the kettle black on such issues, since I am not exactly annoyance-free.

The more amusing element to that definition, IMHO, is the circular definition that basically says "a kilt is something that looks like a kilt".

I figure it’s this:

Genus, skirt. Species, kilt.

You’ll be happy to know that the ancient Greeks thought the Persians were sissies for wearing pants.

I figure it’s this:

Genus, skirt. Species, kilt.

You’ll be happy to know that the ancient Greeks thought the Persians were sissies for wearing pants.

Entertaining, since the Persians of the day were certainly not sissies!

Back