NAMM

Well I was sort of close with a non-rosewood rosewood.

I have pau ferro aka Bolivian rosewood but it's super straight grained and dark enough to pass as Indian rosewood. But it smells awful.

Great piece though!

Put some East Indian Rosewood acoustic backs through a sander/thicknesser a couple of days, that stuffs smells like germolene (anti-septic cream)!

Put some East Indian Rosewood acoustic backs through a sander/thicknesser a couple of days, that stuffs smells like germolene (anti-septic cream)!

I made a Tele neck out of the Pau ferro and when that stuff hits the routing/milling bit it releases all those oils and smells terrible.

The worst I've had was with "African teak." Even with a sealed mask, gloves, eye wear, etc we were still coughing for a few days and itchy.

I made a Tele neck out of the Pau ferro and when that stuff hits the routing/milling bit it releases all those oils and smells terrible.

The worst I've had was with "African teak." Even with a sealed mask, gloves, eye wear, etc we were still coughing for a few days and itchy.

:(

Apparently Wenge splinters can leave you with a septic wound.

I put an Idigbo body blank through a thicknesser last year and it smelt like printers cleaning fluid.

Run Kerry RUN!!!!

ZSjMJLq.jpg

And I just might have bought some wood today (as my tag suggests). Ain’t nobody gonna know what this stuff is (Boogie, you aren’t eligible). Guesses?

So, I had left this wood with the vendor at their request so that they could show it off at the show, and when I went back to get it, they had sold it to someone else (even though the tag was marked sold). They said it was an accident, and to say I was not happy is an understatement. However, they did offer this to me as a replacement, so it is now in the works.

I was going to guess a type of Rosewood. Beautiful! But, who’s going to build the guitar? :)

I'm having a custom "Tele" built. Can really say by whom, but it was arranged at one of the booths at NAMM.

Back