NAMM show 1999 McCarty 14/21 are there others out there?

Bibble

Hello all,

First post as a returning member, used to be around a few years ago but other bits just got in the way.

I have owned this McCarty for around 15 years now, sad and a bit embarrassed to admit she has been a case queen for many years now.

I just wondered if there are any of the other guitars out there of the series, this being number 14, as I understand they were all painted the same colour ? Appreciate any info or updates from other members who have one.

Best wishes

Jonathan

Hello all,

First post as a returning member, used to be around a few years ago but other bits just got in the way.

I have owned this McCarty for around 15 years now, sad and a bit embarrassed to admit she has been a case queen for many years now.

I just wondered if there are any of the other guitars out there of the series, this being number 14, as I understand they were all painted the same colour ? Appreciate any info or updates from other members who have one.

Best wishes

Jonathan
Thought I had managed to upload a picture - but guess I’m not allowed until I have made 3 posts. Basically the guitar is a Bonnie Pink Hollowbody

I'm not aware of any particular limited McCarty run in '99. I know they were released in '94; there were something like 250 Brazilian-necked ones between '99-'00, and then there was a Dallas guitar-show "shootout" run in 2010. However, Google is not bringing anything to light regarding a 21-piece run in '99. Not saying it didn't happen, but if so this one's been very under-the-radar (for me, at least).

Tried again, picture shows in the preview but not in the post :( will try again later. I am sure I saw a photograph once of the 21 of them in a line at the show ...... but I am getting on @ bit now and the memory gets a bit hazy!

The BRW necked McCartys first started showing up in 1999... And yes, there were 250 of them...

The 14/21 may have been a dealer anniversary run or special order...

Has this worked .......

E6-C86-D7-B-32-D1-4-DD0-9421-844-AC0-A72567.jpg

Ah! (The pictures work now.) It's an Archtop McCarty! Those appeared around 1998/1999, so... yes, very likely this was a limited run around the '99 NAMM show in early '99. A quick Google search will show that there's a couple others out there like that, too. They all seem to indicate the same "1999 NAMM Show" thing.

Is it closer to red? For some reason I always assumed Bonnie pink was very much pink/salmon colorway. Regardless she is a beauty.

That definitely looks like it would be called something like Raspberry, or maybe Vintage Cherry.

I have a white 1999 that looks just like this one, except color obviously. Great guitar! I always have room if you need to store it somewhere! :)

Seriously, though, those guitars are wonderful instruments. You’ve got a gem there... give it some play time!

Back